Monday, December 3, 2012

12/3/12

Today I wanted to tell you about something amazing that happened! So, we have been trying to find someone who lived in the Sprint apts but without the address, we just walk around hoping to see them. I have no idea why, but i kept feeling impressed to keep putting that activity in our plans. We were just about to stop and go on to our next appointment, when I saw a black truck drive up. I turned to my comp and said Right there. Someone important is in that truck and we need to see them. The truck parked, and a man got out that was not who we were looking for. The thought of "nope, I was wrong" flipped through my mind. Fortunately, something stronger told me that no, I still needed to talk to them. So we go up and we start talking to this man. He said it would be fine for us to come back a different night and tell him more, but his wife only spoke Spanish. We asked if we could send the Spanish sisters, he said yes. A few days later, we get a call from the Spanish sisters saying that those investigators were golden, that they had been able to answer a question that the women had had for years, and that she had accepted a soft bap. (without a date). it was awesome!!!!!! I feel so blessed to have Heavenly Father work through me in marvelous ways. incredible!
 
On the same night of that phone call, we also received a phone call from an investigator that we had to stop seeing (she was not progressing :( She said that she had felt like something was missing and lost from her since we stopped visiting and the only thing that would help a little is to read the Book of Mormon and the Bible. Now, she has a baptism date and is determined that Satan won't stop her from going to church, being bap, and receiving the gift of the holy ghost. I love her so much! I am so happy that we are teaching her again and that she has the opportunity to come into the kingdom of God again! She is amazing! The day we decided to stop visiting her, we had been in a lesson, and we had all almost started to cry. It was so hard. But we hope that she realizes now that it was not us she was missing, but the Holy Ghost, that feeling.
 
Getting the package was the best thing ever! Because of finals and stuff, I have not gotten much snail mail recently. So I had been praying and praying and praying that I would receive a letter or something. When I saw the package, I actually started to cry, I was so happy. I miss y'all so much. I loved the news about Ron and I do pray for him and his family. Its so hard to see and people like him exist everywhere. There is no comfort in growth, but there is no growth in comfort. Something that we had to tell an investigator last night was that none of us is perfect and none of us is really ready for baptism. But each of us need it.
 
I also love the countdowns. Thank you so much for bringing that tradition to me.
 
Christmas devotional was amazing. We have several investigators that we really hope watched it. I liked what Trent said about how even the prophet was a goofball like him. haha :) he is an amazing man. i was thinking about that year we tried to have cookies and hot chocolate and the devo to start as a tradition and how mad y'all got at me and Eyn and maybe Trent for not being quiet or whatever. it made me laugh. The music was beautiful and the words were perfect. Christ is what the focus needs to be on. I keep hearing a quote about how busy we try to make ourselves at this time of year and what it really is about. I love the beginnings of seeing other people focus on Christ more in there lives. I Love IT. I hope to keep the spirit of Christ in my heart more than ever at this time of year.

I LOVE ALL OF YOU SOOO MUCH! MERRY CHRISTMAS

No comments:

Post a Comment