Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Last one, Maybe

Dear Family!

How is everyone! I can't believe that this just might be the last time I ever email you as Sister McShane (you know what I mean). Its been hard to think about and very emotionally draining.
But my watch is breaking and my shoes are falling apart. Not to mention my purse as well. And I really don't know what to say. Except one of the biggest rules. And y'all got to listen to this one. NO ONE GETS TO HUG ME BEFORE MOM. Okay? Sounds perfect. oh and Dad, Orange chicken sounds awesome!


I really can't believe this may be the last email to you. I love y'all soo much. and I love Heavenly Father. I almost can't believe all that he has had planned for me and my life. Here I am and I've accomplished the impossible. Serving a mission has been the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It is the refiners fire. It is holding nothing back, putting my entire self into the work and into the Lord all the while risking every thing, but really risking nothing at the same time. I know that Our Redeemer lives. I know He loves us I know I am important. I know that each of us have specific experiences for multiple reasons. One of the greatest is to share the gospel to others and invite all to come unto Christ regardless if it is at a supermarket or with a weeping single mother. I know that this gospel will bless the lives of many, one way or another. I feel like when I came out, my testimony was a deep puddle. but now it has grown into a swimming pool. I know this Gospel needed to be restored through a prophet. I know the plan of salvation is Gods plan for us and he gives us church, prayer, temple, Book of Mormon, scriptures, and more that we may live again with him one day. I know that faith, repentance, baptism, and the holy ghost are principles and ordinances that make enduring to the end enjoyable. And I know this will impact my life and so many others forever


Mi'-me is getting baptized this Saturday and she passed her interview with flying colors. I love her soooo much! I even hope to call her next week. I'm going to be her best fellow shipper ever. We even started to teach her husband and son this last week. its amazing how God works and how she has been prepared for years. I am soo excited to be there at it. She is a blessing. and an answer to my prayer as well. We went over the questions with her and her answers are outstanding.



I love serving in the YSA branch. I feel like Heavenly Father has really sent me here to help many people, but has even made it a blessing in my own life to prepare me for when I go home (and to see examples of RMs I do and do NOT want to be like :)


I love y'all and I don't know what to say more. So much has happened. How can you summarize a testimony that has been tried and strengthened so intensely for so long


Love you all


Sister McShane

No comments:

Post a Comment