Monday, June 24, 2013

Missionary Broadcast

I love you family!
 
I am sooo happy Y'all were able to watch the missionary broadcast. It was amazing. I am so thankful that I am serving at this time. We really hope to get the ward more actively participating in missionary work with everyone. I hope that this shapes ward council and that we see a lot of new changes coming fast at us. The facebook and increased Internet time sounds really fun and exciting! I hope I'm involved with that quickly, just to see what it is like. I know that the church already had missionaries is some areas using ipads and facebook. It was just a matter of time!!!! Excited! I also loved the emphasis on Faith and Love. That truly makes us missionary work. It was fun to hear when they were quoting Preach My Gospel. Missionary work truly is a world wide thing! 70,000 missionaries now! WOW! It truly is through the ward that our efforts produce more than just a meager harvest.
 
I loved the rain/harvest story and also how the ward would give one night a week or month to reach out to the less active members of the ward. I was in a ward that did that and it made a huge difference (just the Ward council did it) when everyone was supportive and faced their fears with faith.
 
This week has been fun and interesting, although we had fewer lessons, we now have 4 people preparing for a specific baptismal date. Only 2 of them related to each other. And Sister McBride invited all of them to be baptized as well. We have seen many miracles, but are still having difficulty in finding. I really hope that the churches efforts will help the missionaries spend more time teaching and baptizing, and giving much of the finding to the ward member's.
 
One part member and less active (but really i mean inactive) family has a 10 year old girl we are teaching. She is preparing to be baptized on Aug 3 and we are excited for her. This is a family that the RS president invited to take the lessons and we are now teaching. The lesson was great. It was taught very simply, but throughout the meeting the mom was teary eyed and the spirit was strong. It is amazing to see how the children can change the hearts of the parents.
 
It is very nice to get to focus on one ward now, but odd too. And Sister McBride and I are doing very good. She was very homesick the last 2 weeks, and would break down everyday, but she didn't the last 2 days and she's making it through. Its odd how similar we are in experiences and likes. Its funny though, because sometimes I have to say, yes, she is 19 :) but I love her a lot. She has great desire and we have a lot of fun. The other night we planned on the balcony and watched a movie before bed time. We have a miracle board that helps us both and a quote board too. It is fun
 
I finally thought of something I want for my birthday!!!! Its called a Gospel Arts Book. Its a spiral notebook (like $3) of only pictures fro the scriptures and some modern day prophets, and Videos from home, like a copy of the sky diving! (well, if y'all wanted to show me that one yourself, that be okay too)... hmmm
 
Love you always!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment