Monday, November 19, 2012

11/19/12

HI HI HI HI

No Transfer.  I get to stay with my companion Sister Lindsay for at least 6 more weeks in this area!
 
This week has been great! We have seen a lot of good changes and improvements in the wards. Including a new bishop in one and a new ward missionary leader in the other. Both are super excited to work hard and do everything that they can. I am so excited for it.
We also have a new baptismal date set for Dec. 8th. The amazing thing about her, is that my companion had taught her a few months ago, but the investigator had dropped the missionaries. Sis. Lindsay and I had decided to drop in on them and see how things are going a few times (she has very bad medical issues) This last week, we said a prayer before getting out of the car. But during the prayer, we both felt impressed to be bold and to extend baptism to her. She didn't answer the door that time, but the next time we tried, we went in and she told us that she was finally ready to take the next step in church. She practically begged us to ask her to be baptised. So when I extended that invitation, she said yes without a hesitation and she is sooo set on her date! I am so excited for her. She is amazing. When we taught the Word of Wisdom, the spirit was so strong that her less active husband almost cried. Teaching the Word of Wisdom can seem scary, but "we should never hesitate to teach the commandments, especially the word of wisdom. we can not deny them those blessings."

I was thinking about YW and the Book of Mormon when I remembered one of my favorite things to ever do as a youth. and it was one of the hardest things to. It was in 2005, for Pres. Hinkleys challenge to read the Book of Mormon in a year. I had tried, started, and given up so many times. And then it was suddenly December. We had just been split into the branch. We had a combined activity of all of the youth in the ward at sister Swan's home in which we started right after school and read the entire Book of Mormon until we were done. It took from noon to 11 on one day and then 7am to midnight the next day, but we did it and it was amazing. I remember that so well, because although i hadn't got everything out of it (if you ever do that) I had learned that you could read the entire Book of Mormon and it was good and it was commitment. It was amazing. I don't remember many activities, but that was def. one of the best.
 
This week, when Elder Paul V. Johnson came, I learned that I need to remember and use the education and knowledge that I gained actually at BYUI. Sister Miller talked about a document that she had read about Teaching like Christ. Ive read that exact document! I have learned and studied teaching for a long time, so why does my mind try to trick itself and say that none of that is related? I also have a better understanding of what it means for an investigator to progress. It is just like teaching in elementary schools. If you teach a child math, but then the child fails the homework or gives up on it, then the child is not progressing. I cant just say, oh, well, I taught them everything they need to know, so that is ok. I'm sure its in there somewhere. I really liked what he said about how you teach differently depending on what you want them to learn. that is SO true!

I LOVE YALL SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! KEEP SMILING AND PRAYING FOR ME! I PRAY FOR YOU ALWAYS> Y'ALL ARE THE BEST I DON'T WANT TO END THIS LETTER. I COULD TALK ALL DAY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment