Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy Belated Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!!!!!!
 
I hoped that people would be more willing to talk to us this week, but not yet. This has been the longest week ever!!!! Everyone has been so busy. It is crazy to see how Satan uses busyness and idleness to go about his work. But nothing stops us.
 
On Thanksgiving, we had about 6 or 7 places to stop. All members and all with tons of food. I am sooo thankful that I am English speaking! After eating at 2 of the houses, we said no more until dessert! If we had been Spanish speaking, I think we may have burst! Either way, we both had way too much food. People later on kept saying you HAVE to have some. Its thanksgiving. At least we could choose what not to eat, seeing it was a feast. (NO sweet potatoes. yuck!) Well, lets just say that i wasn't hungry for days and felt OK. But my companion was sick and we ended up doing a few hours of study at home on Fri. and Sat.
 
At each of the houses that we stopped at, we had the members write down something they were thankful for and put in on a chain. The chain is taller than I am! It was so much fun to see everyone and participate in their activities. We now have the chain hanging in the apartment. Oh, and we took pictures with each family that we got to see. I thought you would like seeing some of the members that we work with, but you will have to wait a bit for those pictures.
 
Oh, Read Alma 32:4- I think about feasting on the scriptures. Then think about this, do you eat as much as you read. then- if you ate as much as you read, would there be days that you starve? I love how much we get to learn about the scriptures and about the gospel. Its amazing how you grow up with something and then you get to study it deeper as ALL you do is try to live it. I also love to read the ensign.

Something great this week was a blessing I received from the bishop. (We always try to get transfer blessings from the bishop) The thing is, that missionaries are not suppose to be a burden to the bishop, but a blessing, so in reality, there is only so much that we can tell the members or even the bishop about any difficulties in the area or how we are trying to improve or whatever. So when we get the blessings, I've always been wary that the bishop won't be able to say certain things in the blessing, bc then he would know. The first thing that the Heavenly Father blessed me with, was that my secret prayers were answered. It was incredible. In just a simple line, Heavenly Father knew how to help and convey to me the things that I needed in a way that helped with the work. I love receiving these blessings. The spirit is always so strong. Sometimes I wonder why I ever hesitated to receive blessings in the past when they help me feel so close to God. I love them!
 
I am soooo happy that Christmas is coming. I love looking at all of the decorations. My comp is confused. She says without the snow, its not Christmas yet.
 
I LOVE ALL OF YOU SOOOO MUCH

No comments:

Post a Comment