Monday, January 14, 2013

1/14/13

Hello family!
How are y'all! I miss y'all tons! I absolutely loved the package of colored pages I got! It was soooo coool! I can imagine everyone around the living room trying to color pictures. It was fun to see how each of your personalities came out in the pages y'all choose to send to me. And mom, i love the personal letter you sent. oh, and I'm glad you got some new colored pens too :)
So, something cool happened this week! We were driving to stop by and see a man named cj. as i turned down the main street, I started feeling odd about going to see him. but then, I accidentally turned down the wrong street to get to his house, I had a vivid impression to TURN AROUND NOW, GET OUT, GET BACK. It was kinda scary. I had to do a quick 3 point turn and I wouldn't let my companion out of the car to help me out. But we left as fast and as soon as we could. Do you realize how many prayers missionaries have said for them from y'all, in homes, at church, in the temple, and so forth. Its amazing! And do y'all realize how much we need them to be safe, and also to find the right people to teach. It is so cool. I heard about the 2 sisters that were kidnapped recently and i think about how this is God's work and how everyone works together to make it possible. All prayers are answered.
We also had a cool experience when we decided to stop at a gas station to use the restroom the other day. We stopped, saw an investigator that we ran over to see, saw another person who we had been trying to get in contact with for weeks now, and then we were stopped by someone who wanted reading material because she was a bit interested in what we did. It was way cool.
I am so sad because we have a few investigators that we are just going to need to drop. It breaks my heart to do it and I'm wanting so badly to push it off. I love these amazing people so much and the gospel would bless their lives sooo much if only they would see it. The biggest reason why we do decide to drop them is because in dropping people that do not progress, we are able to focus our energy on those that truly are ready for the gospel today. We will find them. I know that we will.
Anything that has anything to do with youth reminds me of mom and of Trent. The other day, we stopped by to see a 15 yr old girl who is super active in the church and seminary, but who does not have a testimony. It was sad to watch how she didn't believe that she was important, loved, or that there may be a God. It was truly a miracle to stop at her door that night. I loved testifying to her that she was loved, important and that God loves her. She is amazing! I already love her so much and I hope for her to find God for herself. We invited her to begin a gratitude page with how God might exist and to pray over the Book of Mormon. I know it will bless her life if she does these things.
Amberly- mom told me that you laughed super hard over the letter i sent you. I hoped you would like that. isn't it disgusting!
 
A Spanish sister had a miracle happen a while ago. They were teaching someone who had had one question for years and years and no preacher or minister had ever answered it. Then, as they were teaching, a scripture that Sis. Hendreson had looked at once, years ago in seminary came to her mind. That scripture was the lady's answer. It doesn't matter if most of your seminary is done at home or if you hate your teachers (...) or whatever! keep going and doing what you know is right!
ps frying pans, who knew :)
I'm soo happy y'all were able to listen to Elder Ballard this weekend. It sounds amazing.
I love y'all soooo much! and thank you for the pictures! i look at them every single day. They make me smile. Yall are the best!
I LOVE Y'ALL SOOOOOOO MUCH FOREVER AND FOREVER AND FOREVER!!!
If there is anything i can do for you, let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment