Monday, January 7, 2013

1/7/13

This week has been intense but amazing too. The best part, is that since the blessing I received last week, it truly seems that so much inside of me has changed.
I miss home, but it does not hurt as much as it did. I am able to sort through my feelings about it much easier.
 
On the other hand, taking over an area is super hard! I was stressed out all week to the point of many breakdowns. But was the week went on, I was able to see how the spirit was not with me the more I stressed out. And the more stressed I was, the more Satan tried to attack me.
 
I was also stressed, because no one was setting up appointments with us. Then, I found out that many of the people we had tried to do so with, hadn't even received our messages or anything. Again, not even anything i could have done with it!
Satan is a tricky guy. But all is much better now. I just cant get so stressed out. I just have to work my hardest and do what I know is right.
 
And actually, the times that I relaxed, is when we were the most productive and saw miracles happen. It is also when I had fun. One miracle that occurred this week, was amazing.
We had an appointment up in Placitas this week, and when we were coming back, we decided that we would stop at the O home. (I've met them once. they are Less active) When Bro O answered the door, I asked him if he was ok.
He said that they are actually going through a hard time right now with recent unemployment. No one else was home, so I asked him if we could say a prayer with him, in the cold, and on his doorstep. He said yes. After we prayed, he looked like he was going to cry. He then said (for the first time ever!) That he might come to church this week. Guess what! he did! he sat by us and asked a few little questions about the bishop and so forth. After sacrament meeting, he told us that it wasn't until we had stopped by and prayed with him in the cold that he decided that we would come back to church. he said that its time for him to come back. It was amazing!
 
In that gospel doctrine class, we had C. come to learn, Bro. O., and a less active couple who hated Utah Mormon's but is now receiving the answers to his questions that he needs from members of our congregation and the Spirit. It was amazing!
 
Oh, and at church, everyone was teasing me!!!!!! I guess that when bore my testimony in Bern. Ward, I said y'all 3 times with one of them as a loud "all y'all" (yes, someone actually counted!) They were teasing me for my Texan accent that almost never shows!!! Also, when I said a closing prayer in Gospel Principles, one of the men looked up at me and asked where I was from.When I said TX, he said "YES, I knew it. I could hear it in your prayer." I don't know what has been going on with my words, but apparently, I'm starting to talk like a Texan.. in New Mexico. So weird. I guess I learned on Sunday that everyone likes to tease me! haha. I love it though. even Sis. Hendricks (a ward missionary) was teasing me about my accent, her rolls, and any other thing. Her kids were helping her! It was fun.
 
Heavenly Father has also blessed me as I prayed not to freak myself out about driving this week and I am doing much better. It hasn't been stressing me out at all. It helps that I kinda know the area now, but I feel so blessed.
 
I love y'all sooo much! And I'm still using and playing with each amazing thing from Christmas.
 
I LOVE YOU !!! ALL OF YOU SOOO MUCH!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment