Wednesday, January 2, 2013

transfer week

Hey family! How are y'all! so I'm going to explain my week backwards.

Yesterday, I went to alburq.. for transfers at 7am. I found out, that my companion and 2 other sisters companions were coming up from the south.
So, I stayed in City View for the day to work until 4:30. Then- check this- We had to go back to the chapel, and pick up our 3 cars and dive them to the mission home! That means that I
was driving ALONE in a car! I was following the sisters, but then got stopped at a light. Luckily, I pulled out my GPS and made it! Ahhh! I cant believe that as the longest and farthest I've ever been from a comp! Crazy!
I do not know much about her yet. But she is super kind and I'm excited to work with her

Last week, Christmas, before and beyond, was not the easiest one. I have to be honest, if I was not in an appointment, I was probably breaking down crying somewhere. The next day, we taught the plan of salvation, and heard about at least 5-10 other deaths. About 2 days after Christmas, I was sick of this and decided to get a blessing. As soon as i'd had the blessing, everything was just better. I wasn't homesick I wasn't sad. I knew home was not here. I knew about GranGran and Katy, but it was ok. It was like it was in my world, but it wasn't in my work. Since then, I have felt immensely better and much happier. It seemed to be one of those miracle blessings that you hear of everyone else having, but never yourself. Its funny, because Satan is still trying to draw me back in to distraction by telling me about every other person who has passed away in the area. But its OK, because through Heavenly Father, I was given the strength that I needed to be happy again. Miracles do happen every day.

Being in a Relief society district is funny. The elders always say that the thing that surprised them the most is the n umber of blessings they give--- to the sisters. It is funny. The elders help us out so much. I cant count the number of blessings I have gotten in the last almost 5 months for comfort and even the ones from bishops for transfers. They are truly amazing. and helps every single time.

Dad, Thank you so much for your letter this week. It was supper special and you can bet I have tears down my cheeks as well.

Taking over the area, and driving is super stressful. I have found that coloring, drawing, and singing can be great stress relievers. My comp is really good. We have a to-do list that is miles long, but we are getting through it.
 
I LOVE YALL SO MUCH AND I MISS YALL EVERYDAY!!! I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment