Monday, March 11, 2013

Happy Spring Break!

Hello Family! Happy Spring Break in Katy! (Yes, I still say Katy, not Brookshire) I'm not sure when the kids here have spring break.
 
This week has been great! I think that a great big finale of it all was the baptism of Katie on Saturday. It was a beautiful service with the Spirit being so strong. I think that my favorite part was when Katy bore her testimony. What really stood out to me was when she said that she knew without any doubt that this was exactly what she was suppose to do. It was so powerful and had so much sweet strength in it. I know that she had many people trying to persuade her other ways, but with prayer and faith, she is now on the straight and narrow path to live with God one day. I am so excited for her, I love her so much. She just glows.
 
To add upon the baptism, we had another Investigator come to the baptism with a member family. We had just started teaching Ruby this week when we had a suggestion to stop by this families home one night. She has really gone through a lot in her life, but through the atonement of Jesus Christ I know that she can overcome all things. After the baptism, we had stopped by to see her again. We were able to relate Alma's experience of being in the gall of bitterness and how he was able to exercise the atonement to feel peace in his heart and mind. I know that Jesus Christ suffered all of our pains, that we may rely upon him to lift us up when we are low. We were able to invite Ruby to be baptized on April 13 and she said yes! I am so excited for her to learn more about the gospel and its importance in her life!~
 
We also taught a mission prep class this week about Australia and teaching people who do not believe in God. It was great. We shared about Ammon teaching King Lamonhi's father. It is amazing how the scriptures are full of missionary work. WE also made Pavlova from Austraila! it was good. It was fun teaching in a classroom again. We even had a kid try Vegimite- which tastes weird and reminds me of soy sauce. buts its good.
 
This week, I received a blessing and there is one line that has stood out to me. It said that his path was prepared for me. It struck me that Heavenly Father has not only prepared me for the path, but the path for me as well. I think that it is remarkable that Heavenly Father knows us so well, that he has truly prepared what I will be going through. It is more than making me strong enough to face the challenges ahead, but making the challenges exactly what I need to go through.
 
Alright, just to make everyone laugh, I'm giving an 8 min. talk in sacrament meeting this week. I know haha. I guess I had to join Trent and Amberly in there talks. So that means mom and dad are up next! hehe.
 
We also taught a less active man named Michael this week. It was funny bc when we came over he grabbed his scriptures and everything. What I liked about our meeting was that he understood that he was less active. And with that, we were able to be bold with him and tell him that he knew what he needed to do to be happy again. And that it was now down to his choice and AGENCY (See Trent) whether or not to partake of that which is good. WE compared it to an hour glass. There is only one straight, narrow, small gap for the sand to go through, but once it does, there are millions of blessings awaiting the other end.
 
I LOVE YALL SOOOOO MUCH

No comments:

Post a Comment