Monday, March 4, 2013

Peace, Peace Be Still

Dear Family!
Hello! How are y'all doing this week? We had a good, busy week with many appointments and things going on. We went on splits, had exchanges with the Alamogordo sisters, and had a really good Zone Conference Meeting with President. We also have a baptism this week for a girl named Katie that we are all excited for.
Something fun that I got to do was to pick pecans (from the ground) for Katie's family. It was great because 1. I'd never done that before, 2. it was service, 3 it was with Katie and 4. Because her mom was able to ask us some heartfelt questions about Mormons. It was a great setting to get to talk about the church and help out. I know that we did a lot of good there that day and we are excited to be able to go back again this week for more. OH, 5 because the chickens are kept with the trees, so I got to pet a bunch of them and 6. We got freshly chopped pecans AND orange and green chicken eggs! That's pretty cool!
I think it was yesterday that I realized that I have been out almost 7 months. Weird huh? (for the record, I'm counting how many days I've been out, NOT how long I have left) Its nice because I know better how things work together mission-wise. However, I still know absolutely nothing and always working to grow and continue with that. The last 6 months. the mission has been stressing how to become a master teacher. Ironic? Slightly, but it has really helped me out.
Wanna play a game at dinner?
Relate the following to the atonement of Christ
A blue fire hydrant
Street Signs
glasses
fingernail polish
have fun!
I received a letter from Isabella this week!It was the best she simply shared her testimony and updated me on the ward. I love her sooo much. I also got some great mail from my friends that I will try my best to write back today! (I'm usually really good at replying)
I am very excited because we are now teaching a woman named Kathy who has gone through a lot. She has a lot of faith but felt disfellowshiped and no spirit in other churches. After searching, she found our church in the directory and couldn't let it go. She went a few times to a different ward and has just recently moved in with a member here. She is sooo prepared and ready, I just hope that she will accept the gospel into her life.
Mom- yeah, thanks for sending the contacts soon! oh, and remember transfers are on march 19th OH, and i think its way funny how y'all spell "Las Cruces" Wrong :) hehe, "e" not "a" I can tell my friends got the address from y'all
Trent- I'm excited to read your letter! haha, i knew you'd get blinder!
Dad- I'm happy your better! and thank you for everything that you are doing for me!
Amberly! I sent you a good sized email today! Especially cause your at school when I am on! and not like Trent who texts me anyway :) I love you very much!
I pray for all of you everyday! I love y'all soooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment