Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy Easter!!

HAPPY EASTER!
 
Training is going really good so far. I love my companion. We have a lot of fun. She has already invited her first person to be baptized and she is a really good teacher. It is fun getting to help her out, although it is harder, because I am more responsible for pushing myself and I play a big part in "rescue"ing her in difficult situations. It is fun to help her though, in studies. And she is soo willing to do whatever it takes to be a missionary. She hates rules, but obeys them because it is right. She is crazy though. I love Sister Tompkins. Yesterday she was sick, and we had to miss church, but we were able to go to a missionary Easter Fireside put on by the stake. It was really great for her to meet more people and see potential investigators that had been invited by the members.
 
Our first teaching opportunity came on her first day here. We had gotten a lot of missionary things accomplished and then went to dinner. 30 min in, Sis. A's phone rang. Her husband (who just tried out for the NFL- look up Adolfo) had called to tell her that he was bringing two potential investigators to dinner in 5 min. And they wanted to hear the first lesson! AHHHH! It went really well, but was funny because I've never had to teach most of the lesson like that (no prep time or anything for her) But the people really loved what they heard and I'm excited to teach them again after spring break. They seem like great people.
 
We also taught a Less active member with foster daughters. It was a very powerful lesson on the atonement. I could just feel so much love for these girls and what they have gone through. They are truly so amazing, and we hope that they will learn to apply the atonement into their lives. Even the simplest basics of God is our Loving Heavenly Father could have such a huge impact on there lives, if they would let it.
 
It is really funny to see her and then think of myself when I first came out. My poor trainer. I think my companion is just starting to really learn that missionaries are always tired.
 
This Thursday, I will be driving the sisters down to El Paso for another meeting.  Fun to be in Texas, but El Paso doesn't look much like TX. We won't be going far in. Only to the Redd chapel.
 
HAPPY EASTER!!! EVERYONE! REMEMBER THERE WOULD BE NO CHRISTMAS WITHOUT EASTER! READ THE ACCOUNT IN 3 NEPHI WHEN HE COMES TO THE AMERICAS I JUST DID AND I LOVE IT YOU WILL TOO
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment