Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy April Fools Day!!

Dear Mom, Dad, Eyn, Trent, And Amberly!
 
Happy Easter past! And now Happy April Fools Day!
 
Our Carbon Monoxide alarm has been going off ALL MORNING! it has not been fun. We had the apartment checked, but nothing. So we took the alarm far away, and with the
battery in, it still goes off..... so don't know what we will do. Call management tomorrow I guess.
 
I LOVED the package this week. It was very very good! And super cute with the general conference care kit. I loved it. made me so happy. And I've started watching the bible videos. I love them a lot, although I don't ever want to watch the atonement on them... they are pretty mild in comparison to the Lamb of God, but still... Love when Christ was born though! Yesterday, mom said y'all watched Mormon messages. I love the ones about Easter! So powerful! At a training meeting, President showed us  something that had President Holland speaking. (I think mtc) He said that missionaries would come up to their presidents asking why is this so hard? why do we not have pneumonia from being in the baptismal font all day. Answer was that its not easy because the price of salvation was not cheap. - That is the price that Jesus Christ paid for us. That was not easy nor cheap. That is why this is hard. Salvation is not cheap. It was a strong message about the atonement.
 
I am so excited because we gained 2 new investigators this week that I truly love! They are high school girls in a foster program. They have gone through so much but are still pushing through. they have  great spirits and they truly do want the blessings that we have promised them.
 
In an appointment with Rubie, we taught the Doctrine of Christ. She still hasn't received her answer that the gospel is true, but in the lesson, I felt strongly prompted to promise her that if she would pray, then open up her scriptures, point, and then read that verse, she would receive her answer. It was an incredible experience the spirit was so strong. I am excited to hear what her answer was!
 
Yesterday, President texted us and told us that He is risen and we are commissioned to tell the world. That was a powerful statement, because it is true! as missionaries we are commissioned in that act! and as members, we have the responsibility to share it with our friends and all around us. At church, we had someone bring an 80 year old friend with them. It was great! To see the members seeing the opportunity and acting upon it.
 
We also invited a woman to see a baptism in a different ward. Afterwards, we asked her about how she felt. She said it was stronger than anything she had felt and that she had felt such a peace that she hadn't known for a long time but was praying that she could fine it. Right after, she said yes to a baptism date. I am so excited for her!
 
Mom, you said that Emily just got baptized. I am so excited for her. She truly has to be an amazing person to be willing to do it alone in her family. As she keeps pushing forward and enduring to the end, she will be stronger than all of us. I love her already, with only what you have said.
 
I received a few letters this week! Including one from Amberly! and Mom! and Dad!  But also one from Isabella with a picture of when she was younger. It was so sweet. I am so happy that we continue to keep in touch.
 
I was just informed here that there are only 9 weeks left of school! wow, that will be different having all the kids out. Hopefully easier to talk with people?
 
Amberly- I heard you ate Grandma's enchilada's! aren't those the best! its one of my fav recipe's! its a good thing I like Mexican food. we get a lot! (or new Mexican) Its funny how I use to not like things, that now I've just gotten use to having to eat. but never will that list include peas. yuck. and your garden looks great! Great cards!
Trent-  Don't you just love dad taking you to seminary! Does he talk a lot, or swerve in the road or speed up then go really slow and just laugh at himself. ha, yeah, its probably even funnier now.
Dad, I hope everything goes well with your "entertaining" classes. hehe. I know that my attention span has been shot. Lessons are at most 1 hour. anything longer than that..... I hope there is a break in between
Mom- I love you tons. and I hope no one gets sick again. tooo much!  have fun in YWs and with the ward and everyone. Share the gospel at the grocery store! they are paid to be nice to you :)
Mom- again, the box was great! I loved it a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment