Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013

It sounds like everyone had an amazing week! Filled with the spirit and with Fun! We have had a great time too, with miracles and all kinds of things going on.
 
To start with, I think I forgot to tell you, but a few weeks ago, My comp and I were late for dinner and a bit stressed as we went in to eat. But we go in, and my "kind" companion decides to poor me a glass of water. Except, she not only misses the cup, and the entire table, but pours a cup of water directly into my lap. We looked at each other and had to quickly turn away. No one at the table had noticed at all! And it was everything to keep from laughing. :) :) Fun times :) Great Companion!
 
One miracle this week came from a referral from a member who recently moved away. We went and knocked on this door. A man opened it, and slammed it in our face before we could say a word... but the miracle was for the wife. So we went back. 2nd time, an older man opened it, said the woman was not home, but he would go find out for us. That man came to the door... But because it was a referral and we were looking for someone specifically, he was way nice and told us when to come back. We came back, invited her to learn more and guess what! We have a return appointment and she really does want to learn more! and she has many Mormon friends. Great! It is incredible what  a difference members can make!
 
Do you remember that Less active couple I told you about? They came to church again this week! I am soo excited for them! Path to exaltation!
 
Oh, mom tell Shad congratz for me!
 
This last week, we were giving dating advice. That is happening much more than I expected! Its like the second person we are teaching that I've had to talk about that stuff with! weird. but we were talking with a less active man who is at the point of making some important decisions in his life that will effect eternity. It was great to help him but using the scriptures. It was especially amazing bc we didn't tell him what he should do. But we did teach him about following the commandments, the happiness that comes from that, and how it is not just life that we need to worry about being happy in, but in eternity. It has a greater and bigger impact than just now! But the most powerful point of it all was when he said the closing prayer. The spirit was sooo strong
 
Yesterday, Sister Tompkins met her 1st Bible basher and it was great! We were walking past a parking lot and a man came up to us and started asking questions like "Who do you Represent" and "Who is Jesus" wanting us to apparently give certain answers? It was apparent real fast he just wanted to bash, although they always say that's not what they want as they continue to do so. It was great, because I was able to get us out of there in just a few min. Its always scary to think about what  you will do in that situation, especially training, but Heavenly Father just let me know what to do and we just left for a different appointment. I feel sad for him, but I am thankful that I was able to leave the situation without feelings of contention within me and still with a love for this man. The time for him to receive the truth in not now. But perhaps it will be later.
 
ps Who do you know that the missionaries in the world could visit?
 
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!  no time to even finish! I love y'all sooooooo much

No comments:

Post a Comment