Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8, 2013

 
Thank you soo much for the letters. They mean a lot to me! They lift me up so much.
 
I do not know where to begin. But before I forget, on Monday we are going to the temple, so I will not be able to email y'all until Tuesday (prob at like 10am ish)
First off, conference was amazing! I loved it sooo much! Just like y'all, I feel like so many of the talks just jumped out to me in regards to myself, family, and friends. They were amazing! I couldn't tell you my fav one! I loved President Monson's on OBEDIENCE I have seen that that one little word is the hardest for so many members to follow. Many less actives I know will say that they know the church is true, but they can't understand that knowing is not enough. It includes following the commandments and the covenants they have made. I am so excited though, because we are currently teaching a good group of less active people and we have begun to see how their desires and lives have changed steadily. I know that it takes time, and I love these people so much.
 
I also loved the talk by Elder Cook yesterday on peace vs. world peace. I think that if people truly understood the peace that we offer, they would do more to receive it into there lives. I loved the talk, because it helped me understand the difference in peace and I hope that I will be better at explaining that to others.
 
I loved Elder Holland's about light and dark and the girl who had been abused and had to face that evil existed and had to harden herself to the dark, until she could find the light to let in. It was powerful. We have all gone through and seen the dark around us, but what we are going to strive to do about it? dwell in it? or find the light place  and go there. I loved his a lot!
 
I could go on and on about each talk and what I loved about it. Elder Bednar and how direct and easy to understand he was and more. I really noticed how all of it was pretty basic to the principles in Preach My Gospel. I loved that it could be so powerful and incredible.
 
So, today is my 8th month mark and I've already had an elder say "Hey, now you can count the number of months you have left on your fingers!" (Like he can talk! he can count his on 2 fingers! :) ) also had someone saying "your almost to your hump day" gah gah gah gah gah. That's all I can say about that! blek
 
I loved the story about seminary this morning. Isn't it amazing how Heavenly Father will sometimes let you know that it is because of his love for us that things happen, even when we do not understand or know why? I feel like when he tells us these things, it is an added on blessing. It is a reminder to trust in him, have faith in him, and all will be alright. And Trent- Seminary is very important in 2 ways. 1 Because its meant to be where we can learn and grow more from the spirit and help others do the same. and 2. because of obedience.
 
Last Monday, president sent us a text at 9:39 saying that The church had just announced that it was going to buy Utah State and turn it into BYU- Ogden
10 min later, he sent another text saying April Fools to all the Aggie fans. hehee, I did NOT fall for it.... okay, but only for 1 min. and then I called it. come on, its president!
 
This week, I think the primary general president spoke and said something about how we speak and what we write to our children are especially important. I have really felt yalls love in the letters you send, the words yall write. It really stood out to me.

Trent- see email
Mom- Your stories are great! You have an amazing testimony. It really is incredible to hear how the spirit works through you for friends and family
Amberly- Did Dad tell you about what effect you had on the boys going to Priesthood? You go gal :)
Eyn- I love you tons and I think too much about the time you fell in a cactus. i stay away, but you did have an awesome blue balloon after...
Dad- Your love for mom is sweet and inspiring. I love how you rely on the spirit and what Amberly says to you :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Liz,

    I sent you a postcard while I was in Vegas about a week ago. I hope you get it soon! Guess who I ran into this morning?! Jonathan Duttweiler!! He's working at a chick fil a near my work in Houston. gosh, I miss you so much! Glad to hear you're almost halfway done!

    Love,
    Melanie F.

    ReplyDelete