Monday, July 8, 2013

Birthday Week!

First off, yep! its my birthday! Mom said that there is something coming for me in the mail that I can open AS SOON AS I GET IT! Isn't that awesome! Wow, I might get a birthday on Tuesday :) But Dad still asked me what I wanted so..... 2 Birthdays? :P Id have to tell dad I'd want DVDs I could watch (Like the  newer Testament Gospel study ones and the Broadcast on Missionary work) ummmm something that is special to each of you (as you remember, that's what y'all asked for for Christmas, so its just coming around) and Pictures and Stickers. and uhhhhh happiness :)
 
We had a fun week with Meeting President and Sister Miller2, 4th of July, Interviews with President, and other things as well. To begin, 4th of July was awesome! We were able to talk to many random people about how there 4th is/was and what there plans were. We also saw a few families doing fireworks from our apartment. But the best part was where we live! So in Las Cruces, they set off fireworks near the university which is on the Left side of our corner apt. So at 9:45 we were standing on the corner of our balcony watching the show. It was sooo good and I kept thinking about everywhere I've been and who I've been with to see many different fireworks. It was a lot of fun and I am so thankful that we had a great view, and was able to be at home, and was able to be in bed at the right time. It was a huge blessing.
 
Meeting the new president was awesome too. He is completely different from the previous president and I am so excited for that. He has already given us something called Ponder time 2 times a day as well as increasing our goals of finding new investigators to teach. He even said that if our zone gets an average of 5 new investigators a week, for a month,  he would come and play or do something with us on any day of the week. He seems really fun and cool and you could instantly feel his love for each one of us. Interviews with him were great as well. Its exciting to see the work hasten even more and more.
 
Yesterday, we had a stake fast for missionary work and rain, and then A mission fast for something personal, self confidence, and the members faith in missionary work. Already, we have received some rain, and had a dinner with a nonmember and will have another dinner with a nonmember on my birthday! How exciting! 
With the work being a bit slower than I like, I've decided I'm going insane and must change that (with the Lords help) So we have set up several active member lessons with the women in the RS as well as we already have a few lessons set up for the week. We are so excited and thrilled about all of it!
 
A miracle this week came on July 5th when we tried to see a less active family with an active member present. They weren't home, but we saw a few people out and talked to them instead and found a family and another woman to teach! Well, for another ward to teach but it was still great! I love talking to people that are  friendly and see us as people. It is true that everything relates to the gospel, you just have to see how.
 
I love you sooo much and feel your prayers, and I especially will on the 10th. I love you and miss you soooo much. ''
 
Love Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment