Monday, July 15, 2013

Great Birthday!

I had a great birthday, but the highlight was all of the birthday wishes from ya'll. The messages were amazing, and of course I was crying through all of them. They were each soo sweet and special and showed off your personality, although Trent.... I'll tell you later... :P haha. And the videos and pictures from the year were amazing as well. Y'all have seemed to describe things perfectly and of course, my companion and district have loved watching and listening in on parts too :) Although, on the pictures CD, the mute button was on quite often :P  HA I loved everything! The Cards (that will be so hard to give away, but ill do it!), the TX flag, the Gospel Art book, the key chain now on my purse, the letters throughout the week, the fun Happy Birthday Banner, and just all of it. The Mission Stories were also very precious and read within 24 hours of receiving.
We had a lot of fun on my birthday starting with the package that arrived at lunch time. We had most of my district over and the Dona Ana Sisters brought over a peanut butter pie with candles and every thing. It was nice to be with them and then 2 young women brought over a cheesecake pie (that we ate with the other half of our district on Thursday). And then for dinner we had it with Sister Alred (I had to give her your number :P) who said she'd talked with Mom and that she'd made mom cry. We had very new Mexican enchiladas meaning served flat not rolled) and with green chili. It was all a princess birthday theme, and it went perfectly into our message which was about Disney World :) of course! It was about how people would just run to the castle, and asking ourselves where are we running to? Do we have our direction and purpose focused on God?
Facebook message: I loved receiving all of the messages from facebook! Thank you sooo much everyone! I love all of you! I love being a missionary, but I can't wait to get to talk to each of you! Thank you!
Wow, that was weird. But I loved the messages. It was soo odd, because Ive been sooo focused that thinking about each of those people and FB and idk. its just weird, even if it shouldn't be.
So this week, our district decided to have a competition to see how many people we can contact as potential new investigators this week (Fri to Fri) but they didn't know that we had a secret. You see, we are now asked to contact 20 people a day as a companionship and you wouldn't believe how hard this is. We see so many people, but at the same time, sometimes we just don't. However, a few weeks ago we had gotten permission from our zone leaders to try and contact people at the farmers market. In 1 day we had about 29 contacts. It was amazing. It was really hard at first, you know to just walk up to people and start a conversation without being a robot. We really only have a few min. to help these people understand that we love them and want the best for them. But by setting the goal and just deciding to do it made it soo much easier. I hope that One day I am the person who gives out pass a long cards to everyone I buy things from or whoever. People are just people. And it is fun.  This week, I contacted a custodian by asking him if he knew what a Water Mickey was and then explaining it to him.  It was just fun. I then committed him to looking at mormon.org and youtubing :water mickey" :) haha. Another man was a Texas Cowboy fan (sorry Trent) We are already seeing miracles coming out of this starting with ourselves, and then continuing in the people that we teach. After all, everything we teach will be used now and in the hereafter. It is all important.
Sister McBride and I are doing great, but we are way nervous about Transfers. you never know what will happen now with all the new missionaries.  You use to be able to guess. HA.
PS I hope  you like all of the FB posts on birthdays for me!
I'm going to try to write you all short personal messages today and get them in the mail soon to reply about all of your gifts and messages, that's why I'm not now, but know that they are just all so special and loved by me! I love all of you!
I LOVE YOU MOM DAD EYN TRENT AMBERLY AND KENZIE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment