Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19th, 2013

Hello Family!
 
How are y'all this week? This Monday is crazy. Last week we used an Elders slack lining stuff and did that at the park, and now today we are having a Nerf gun war at the church with our spirit animal shirts. We are excited about that because we asked a 13 year old investigator to draw them for us and they are awesome!!!!! Mine is a Phoenix! So cool! His name is Vincent and he is awesome! He even came to church on Sunday and has been going to other activities. First we just have to get an oil change for our car and do a few more things. Busy Busy! I got my hair cut today, but only by .5 in and got layers. I still think my hair is the longest! And according to Trent, much longer than dad's hair. And according to Amberly's much browner than Moms or Dads. Wow, they tell me everything! Although you can't tell from the pictures.
 
Some of our best news is that Alexandria (11) is going to be baptized on Aug 30th. We have written permission and the primary is going to help out a lot and we are soooo excited for it. She will get baptized before her brother and sister and we hope that they will be ready in a few weeks. And then we hope to get the rest of the family active again. Its sad, but the children are meant to be a strength and will one day lead them back. Its crazy because at last transfer I had the thought, I am not leaving this area until these children get baptized. I hope to stay the perfect amount of time to see all of them baptized and the whole family back in the church.
 
From the pictures, it looks like y'all had an awesome time at Mississippi and traveling there. What is a water bike? Its funny seeing y'all in the water. Here we have tons of beach. We can even get in it and bury ourselves like Amberly did.... we just don't have the water half :) And I cant believe  y'all got stung by Jellyfish! We were talking about that in Elder's Quorum this week (EQ, that is a first time! We went in there to make an announcement about having members come out with us during the week and left as soon as possible :) just teasing).    
 
This week has been great. Sister Tompkins wrote me a letter telling me that she had a dream with Ruby in it in which Ruby came up to her and told her that her and Eli had been sealed in the temple. The next day, she got my surprise picture of Ruby in White Baptism clothing. It was a miracle.
 
I'm just trying to keep my hope and faith up and remember to be happy and enjoy the journey. And not think about transfers on Sept 3. I love y'all and have loved checking the mail everyday this week to find a new surprise! I love y'all!!!!
 
Love Elizabeth, Never enough time to write!
 
Love love love! Sister McShane

No comments:

Post a Comment