Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5th, 2013

Wow! I feel like I have received just the best emails this week ever! It has been a huge blessing!  And thank you soooo much for that family DVD again! This week, I got no snail mail, but I always knew it was okay, especially bc I go and watch  y'all on our DVD player. Huge blessing!

Yesterday, I started something called a 40 day fast, but I will do it for about a month. Meaning, you start with a fast, and as you study or pray you think about things that God would want you to put on the altar or sacrifice. What does he want me to lay aside to be a better missionary. And list them out. Then, for the month, you pray about these things and account to the Lord every night on how they are going. And by the end of the month, you end with a fast and see that heavenly Father is here and helping us be his servants as we ask him how we can improve. Amazing.  I'm very excited about it, because I know that these are things that HF wants me to change in my life. And knowing that, will help me not become overwhelmed as I see other ways that I could change as well. Becoming a consecrated missionary is not just changing your behavior, it is changing your nature and that is what I hope to continue to do.
So many miracles, so little time. The first one seems small, but it is still so incredible to me. There was one day this week that was incredibly HOT (OK, that's like everyday... anyway) and no one was answering the door. We had just driven up to a less active members home and sat in the car to say a prayer before dropping by. In the prayer, I prayed and just asked heavenly father to send some way for it to cool down and for rain so that we could just keep working forward. I cried out to Him asking for something to help us keep going forward. As soon as we said amen, we heard a roll of thunder! with a perfectly blue sky but we knew our prayer was answered, as we got out of the car, we looked up and saw one small ity bitty black cloud over us and felt the wind start to pick up. Walking to the door, we began to feel great raindrops. It was a miracle! No one answered at that door, so we drove over to another home and this small raincloud followed us over there. It truly was a miracle and a blessing. HF really does know what we need and how to get it to us! It was a miracle, I cant even explain how that cloud got there. amazing.
Last night, my companion felt strongly that we needed to go back over to a park and try to see a recent investigator at that park. it didn't make sense, but I turned to my young companion and told her that if she felt like we needed to go back over there, then we would, and let her make the decision. We drove over, but she wasn't there so we decided to ask another family over at the park. We stopped by and asked for Kimberly and then asked if we could give them a card. They were way sweet and it turned out that she had met with missionaries and gone to church in a different city, but had then moved here and lost contact. It was exactly where we needed to be! I am so proud of my companion! I love her sooo much!

I love you family!!! and Kenzie :P haha, be happy, be good be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment