Monday, August 12, 2013

One Year Mark!

Well, this week has been interesting lets just say.
 
First off, I hit my 1YEAR mark on Thursday (as well as 3 other elders in my zone) so a few companionship's came over for lunch and we did it. I mean, I did. I burned a shirt! and it was the best thing ever! haha, it was so much fun! It was that purple shirt with flowers on it that I have had forever! It seemed to take forever to burn and more melted away than anything, but it was fun. One of the elders also burned his shirt and we got most of it all recorded. Why is fire just so much fun? After, we went to Calitches for Custard. It was just a fun time. But I talked to Elder Munoz (the other one who hit his year) about how it was just a really hard day for the both of us. For different reasons and such, but just really hard.
 
A few weeks ago (first Fri. of the month) our zone leaders promised our entire zone that if we worked our hardest and tried to get rid of the things holding us back, then each area would receive 1 convert baptism. The promise was so strong and the spirit was felt by everyone and we left determined to do our best. However, Satan has been hard at work against all of us. We have really felt a shift in the ways things are working. God is working harder at the same time that Satan is stronger and attacking us at every point he can. We just have to remember to turn to God and keep going forward.
 
I want y'all to know that Amberly and Moms many letters really helped me out this week. Everything seemed to point to exactly what I needed to hear. And always made me smile. I hope that you Mom got a letter from me from last week. Should have gotten there on Sat. I think. Also Dad, I'm sending you a memory card home asap, because my second one doesn't have much space on it either. Thank you! Please send it back quickly!
 
We had interviews with President Miller this week and found out 2 new rule changes for our mission. 1. We can write letters any day during personal time and 2 We can now listen to any inspirational music! So I hope I get a package soon! I know I left a few CDs at home that I hope to get soon.
 
A few huge miracles happened yesterday at church. With everything going on, I had decided to fast for strength comfort and guidance. Well, the ward has decided that each auxiliary would be responsible for coming out with the missionaries a different week of the month. This week is ward council and next week elders quorum. we already have many people signed up to come with us, more than we have appointments for just yet. Its a miracle. I love the elders quorum especially because they are so inspired and willing to work and work hard. They are so excited they help the ward go. Also, we texted a former investigator that we had worked with Joel about church today. He always missed appointments and never came to church. We got a reply asking what time it was at and he told us he was coming. He surprised everyone and the ward just jumped in. It was a huge miracle and a blessing. He really enjoyed it and wants to turn his life around.
 
I love y'all and I'm sorry this letter is not more inspiring. I love you and I am happy. I am so thankful for my companion. We really need each other more than I thought we would. She is the best.
 
I LOVE Y'ALL
 
Elizabeth
 
ps are you sure you don't want to go to white sands? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment