Monday, September 16, 2013

Hey Family!

Hey Family, I'm not sure if you are getting my emails or not :( I know I don't have one from Dad Trent or Amberly sooo... does that mean I get snail mail in the next 3 days!!!!!! Yippeee for me!!!!!1 hint hint hint. oh, I just got Dad's letter :) :) :) but you can still send me snail mail too. Ha :)
Anyway, This week has been good. We were able to meet with many, many less actives although we are still trying to find more investigators. Hopefully through the members we will find more people to teach. As I have come to know the ward, I absolutely LOVE them. They are soooo great! We walk in to the chapel, and we are not walking into a room of dead people (nothing with age). Instead we go in and every one is greeting each other, asking how you are doing and just being friendly. I've never served in such an outgoing ward in church, where you just feel welcomed and anyone will talk to you. It is incredible!
Sister Rager is doing much better now. She is going to need physical therapy. It is def. different serving with her and trying to find a new balance after training for 6 months. Its so nice that she knows what to do, that it would be easy to say, eh, I've done this for long enough, she can do it now. But nope, that's not how missionary work goes. I really hope to get to train again someday as I love it! and having a normal comp is helping me realize that I am an okay missionary and this is just how the work. goes. It is a huge stress reliever.
One miracle of the week was getting to see the Knight family, a less active family in the ward who want to come to church, but felt judged and offended the last time. They are now "ward hopping" too bad our church doesn't work like that. But they want their 7 year old son to get baptized in a few months, and they'd have to come to our ward for that. They really are a great family though. We felt sooo welcomed and the kids love the missionaries and even want to come to church. I hope all things work out for them.
So, remember that email that you said there were 3 days in the same week no one had signed up to feed the missionaries. Well... what about 20+ days in month for our calendar and the same number of openings in the Elders calendar? But no worries. We have the BEST RS president who has been out of town for 3 weeks. So this Sunday, she stood up and "scolded" the RS on how we have GREAT missionaries in the ward and how they needed to feed us all! 30 min later, both calendars were almost filled up for the rest of September. :) it was fun.
Of course, before that, the bishop came into the RS and spoke for 15 min. about how great it is for us to have sisters and elders and what a great opportunity it is for the sisters to come out with us. And that we would be more than ready to help them in there visiting teaching and other duties. It was awesome.

Amberly- How was your birthday? And good luck with elections!!!!! loved the poster Let me know how that is!
Trent- Seminary is sooo important! As Jacob says "Oh be wise, what need I say more?" But seriously! I'm soooo glad that you get to go to seminary now, with practice later on. It is soooo important to make sure that we are filled spiritually before anything else. I have really noticed a difference in my day as I read and study the scriptures in the morning. They are soo important and I wish I had studied them more before, it really would have helped, especially with a teacher and other students involved. Don't let Satan beat you down!
mom and Dad- Happy Anniversary on Sept 21st. Hint hint hint to everyone else
Mom loved the pictures! I'm glad you had fun in Ark...  I love being with non members although now I'm also valuing a lot my time with members. Were you able to share your testimony at all? :)
Dad- good luck with anything! sorry you are so busy!
We are very thankful for the flash flood warnings that come on our phone, but we have been safe.

So, driving the jeep. OK. So I JUST started to love driving my small little cars! It was the best thing ever and then someone gave me a honking jeep in the middle of ABQ which I had to drive downtown to the hospital this week for my comps doc. apt. Oh, and She doesn't have a licence, but has to have a car. Soo no pressure to me right! right! right!!!!! Lets just say that I think Heavenly father has decided I needed to get more comfortable driving big cars in a big city. (yeah, ABQ is a big city, at least here. nothing on NYC) But I am still SOOOOO thankful to not be on a bike, it has just been an adventure getting use to this new car. I still love my jeep though! And I hit 1000 miles on her this week! (her name is Whitney) I'm still way thankful that Trent WONT have his license when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment