Monday, September 23, 2013

Happy 2nd Day of Fall!!

Dear Crazy family!

How are ya'll!!! I sure miss y'all like crazy! Today has been a good day. We got up and I did laundry!!!! Washed ALL my outfits, and in the middle of the wash, the washer broke! Ha! Surprise! hopefully maintenance will come soon. But Then we took 2 other sisters and I drove over to the zoo. (oh, did I tell you I got pulled over by a cop the other day? no worries, my lights were deceptively not on and it was no prob at all) And I got to drive into downtown ABQ again. It was fun. And the zoo was great! Happy 2nd day of fall! We got some of the storm that got y'all and things have been much cooler. The zoo it was funny. I got to see moms side and then went over to dads side. Man, I'm glad I turned out as the normal one.
So, Dad asked what skin walkers are and I can't remember exactly how much I told everyone about all of this. Their half human (top) and half animal.  They go around and kill people, livestock, or whatever and are very dangerous, and if it wasn't for the Elders I trust telling me about them, I wouldn't believe it either. On the Reservation, it is a general rule that if you see one, to kill it, no questions, no nothing. 2 of the Elders I know went with a member of their branch presidency to an area with Indian drawings and writings. There, he read/interpreted the rocks about how there were once people who were wicked and ended up leaving the tribe. Now that they have the Book of Mormon, they can truly see how these creatures are the result of the gadianton robbers with there secret combinations and other work. its really creepy work for sure. And a reason there are no sisters on the reservations.
We are sooo excited for this week! Mom! We get to watch the RS broadcast together! excited!!!!! That night we have a member of the 70 coming to talk to our stake missionaries, then next week fast Sunday, temple and conference! WOW happy day! And thank you for the quotes this week. They were wonderful!

We have been trying to help our ward find ways to keep us busy. We know that they really want to and they are trying to figure out ways to help us work in just our area, and not the Elders. I think we have tried every less active and potential investigator, and former investigator, and half our active members, and that is making things really interesting and even slightly entertaining. We really hope for more and more miracles. Its been amazing that Heavenly Father has blessed me in so many ways. I've been able to be bold with members and have already began to see trust growing quicker than I could have done on my own. I am so thankful for that and for some reason I love this area. I really do. The other day at ward correlation with the Ward mission leader, and elders, and a member, we didn't really have anyone we wanted to talk about so I boldly talked about 3 ways we want to help the ward do missionary work and ways that they can help us. I can really see that they are putting trust in me and I am quickly at home here. We also boldly invited members to do there own missionary work and that had a positive response too. I'm really praying and hoping for many more people to teach. I know I am here for a reason, for specific people to teach, baptize, and reactivate, now I need to find them and find out how to help them.
As a sidenote, its funny being a missionary and having no idea of what is happening in the world. But I'm really good at noticing when flags are at half past. All I know is that half the world is hating Obama, something went on with congress recently, and the new Prince's name is George... really. George. what good king is named George? anyway. all good still. Oh, also found out about the navy thing. That was really sad. but only the basic story still
Trent, I have a letter written for you I HOPE to send tomorrow that is if....

Love you all!!
Love yall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment