Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October 1st

Dear Family! Hello!!!
First off, yesterday was AMAZING! It all started the moment we drove onto the temple grounds. I turned to my companion and said "Did you feel that?" The spirit was so strong and just kept intensifying. Then we got to go in and it was beautiful. And mom, how did you know to send me 2 names? The temple always gives us names, but a few days before I thought about writing you and asking you to send 2 names but I put it aside thinking, we don't need to do that. But when we got the names for Katie and Sadie we just knew that these 2 sisters had wanted their work done together and that they had wanted us to do them. My comp is related to Hills and is going to ask her mom if she is related to them too. We got to see the new movie and it was an incredible experience, and I got a lot out of it, but that is all I will say about that. I'm soo happy for it. I just loved it.  After the session, we were able to go into the sealing room with everyone in our zone and president where he talked a bit about what an endowment is. It was good and so spiritual and I think the first time I've been in a sealing room, not counting open houses.  It was soo hard to leave. I did not want to, even for a short while. (oh didn't really see any missionaries I know very well)
At 3 we went back and got to clean the temple. I was given the men's changing rooms, men initiatory rooms, presidents, matrons, office, and half the upper lobby. It was a huge blessing for me to get to do it. The temple workers kept thanking us, but I don't know if they realize how much we just wanted to thank them for it. I kept thinking about the Savior and His love for us and how this was HIS house. I even found a few pieces of paper to pick up! :)
General Conference for RS was really good. I loved Sister Reeces talk. And esp President Monson's. We really do teach prayer to help others strengthen there relationship with Christ and find that help, hope, and peace. Its so cool that both mom and dad saw it too!
After GC for RS, we went over to hear a former 70, Elder Richards speak to the entire north for an hour. It was really good, we judged where we were as a mission with faith, obedience, and other things. It was great to see that although we have areas to improve, as a mission we can see that we need to improve together and its not just one companionship or district. It was also funny bc Elder Richards is the AP's Elder Turnbow's Grandpa. That was cool. I bet he got trunky.
We are soo excited for General Conference this weekend! We have invitations for people and just cant wait. I cant believe it is October! this last transfer has just gone sooo fast! With everything planned and just excitement for General Conference and temple. Happy Early birthday to mom and Eyn too.
This week has been fantastic and we are so excited for General Conference this week. We will be inviting everyone we know and telling them about how important it is that we have a prophet. have you thought about how important that is recently? That God loves us that much! And we can listen to someone like Moses or Abraham. Wow. Incredible!

I LVOE YOU MOM DAD EYN TRENT AMBERLY AND MACY! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEK love you! Love Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment