Monday, October 7, 2013

General Conference was awesome!!!

Dear Family!
Happy Birthday EYN! Oct 12th!
This week has been really good. I loved conference sooo much! We were able to pass around about 20 flyers for it and hope that many people did watch it. We know for sure that one of our investigators did see :) That is exciting!
I can't choose a fav talk! They all spoke to me in different ways. And in some of the talks I got bits out that had nothing to do with what was being said, but everything about the principle and what I needed to hear. I am so happy that y'all got to have 12 people in the house for it! What a crowd! But I'm sooo happy the missionaries are able to trust you enough to bring investigators to your home. I know that that can be scary for a missionary to do. I hope that each of you got something great out of it. Imagine hearing all of that and not knowing too much about the church.
Wow! I loved Ulisses Soares on Meekness. Finally someone defined that word!  I really don't have enough time to write everything that stood out to me. But 2 major thoughts. 1 came in Elder Gifford Nielsen of the 70 when he asked each person to do 3 things. The second was to pray for each missionary by name. When I heard that, I had the thought "wow, I cant imagine how missionary work would change for me, if I had all of my ward members praying for me by name." And I just wanted to cry. Missionary work is hard not only in finding teaching and baptizing, but in many other ways too. I know it helps so much that you pray for me, and we get many other prayers, but each missionary by name by the members. wow. The support of the ward would grow so much.
The other was Elder Ballards. before it came on, I was just kinda wishing that someone would talk specifically to the missionaries. And he did! He also addressed many concerns that both members and missionaries face. We all think our roles are so different and our fears so diverse, but that's not true at all.
I loved conference and never ever wanted it to end.
This week we also found 2 new people to teach! One use to investigate but got too busy with tragic deaths and sicknesses in her family. And its a part member family! I am so excited for them! Another is a different part member family in which grandma is active, the daughter less active, and the boyfriend and kids not members at all. We have been trying to see them for weeks and it just all worked out 2 days ago. It was a huge blessing.
And guess what! I got new name tags that say SISTER McSHANE instead of SISTER MCSHANE! That was cool! I use to have so many people give me a hard time for that.
May have to log out!
I love you all!!!
Love Elizabeth!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment