Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Short Letter

Hey family,

How are you today?
To start off, Sister Rager had her doctor's appointment yesterday and she really thought that she was going to be sent home. But the doctor gave her a cortisone shot and said that that was the last possible thing that they could do before surgery so if it doesn't work, she will be going home at the end of next transfer. Hopefully it will, even just enough to get her through. Thank you my family for all of your sweet prayers for her. She really does need a miracle.
Something cool this week was being able to teach a family of 5. Amberly you are going to love this! One of the girl's name's is Emrise, just like Merlin's magical name! How awesome is that! They are a great family, just really busy and forgetful. And they have a strong religious background of the past. The mom and one kid grew up very catholic and stopped attending when they said that the "catholic guilt" was too much. I think that was very sad and we tried to teach they about how God is loving and although he wants them to be better, but doesn't want guilt to make us feel worthless. The lesson was hectic and we even got to teach a Jehovah's Witness for a while.
You keep asking me about my Christmas wish list, and most of it is stuff I want when I get home besides stuff I will just need like deodorant and blah, there is a massage ( i needed that 14 months ago!)  car, laptop, hmmm money for clothes,... umm I know I have a big list on the whiteboard...

Last week we went to the Aquarium and it was sooo much fun! we got to touch stingray (my fav fish) and see lots and lots of cool fish. we even stayed to see them feed the turtles and stingrays and that stuff. it was a lot more fun that an aquarium sounds. I still think I prefer the zoos but I really liked this. there was also a really big nature bio park with the ticket and that was beautiful. we went in the green house and it was actually humid! and green! felt like a spring at home.
We are just trying to stay busy and find new things to do. Sometimes I feel like Sis. Ragers mom telling her we need to go home and ice her knee. its odd and I don't like doing it.
Sorry this is short today! I love y'all! have an awesome day! we have stake conference this Sunday :)
Love love love! Elizabeth! Sister McShane

No comments:

Post a Comment