Monday, November 4, 2013

Special Letter

Hey family,
Well, I am going to start this off on a spiritual note. This last week, I fought all week, but through the strength of the spirit I finally texted the Elders and asked for a blessing.  But with where people live, and who I wanted to give it, I didn't know how to set it up and asked for suggestions. Heavenly Father worked miracles as the next text from the Elders was a perfect plan to set it all up.
In the blessing, I was told and blessed with things that I did not expect and things I did not even realize I was thinking about. The first that I will say is that I was told that I was being watched from the other side of the veil. I was specifically told that My grandparents love me. And then I was even more specifically told that my grandpa loves me. It is just a sort of warm comfort to me to know that they still live and that they still love me. We are never as a lone as we feel that we are.
Now, I have seen that many of my blessings come in advance of when I need them. And another part I wanted to share was about my family, aka. you. I was told that the affairs back home would be okay. That my family and friends are safe and that all is well at home. That I don't need to worry. Of course, when you hear "don't worry" you instantly ask "why? Do I need to worry? what is up? I didn't think I was worrying before" But it is okay. I do not know what each of you at home are going through. I don't know everything that is hard, but I do know that everything is going to be okay and that is enough. I love and trust each one of you. I know that you will make the right choices, and will have bumps in the road. but that is okay. Things may be coming up soon at home, but Heavenly Father has promised me that you will be okay. I know you will be okay. I have that trust in God.

I miss each of you like crazy. Especially as the holiday season creeps in. I'm torn between I want it to come and I don't ever want it to come. But that is okay. All is good. And I am happy.
I don't know when "the moment" happened when I finally loved my mission. When I think about teaching the plan of salvation to Mike tonight and I get sooo excited and have such a love for it, but I do. And it is the greatest feeling ever.
I'm glad y'all had an awesome Halloween, minus the sick parts. Amberly and Trent y'all look great! so does the yard!  our president changed the rule of going in early, so we were required to be careful what we did, but make it productive. we were told the best time to catch people at home is on holidays when families are together... yeah... We tried to see a few active families but of course they were out so we gave candy and mormon.org cards away and finished weekly planning.
This week, we went into the mission office to look for mail, and the president was there and called us in his office to ask us a question about if we were new missionaries, what would we be most afraid of in contacting. ugh. I love president. but I sure love him a lot more from a distance.
hahaha. (that was off due to Elder Brisco. had to give him the credit)

This week has been full of little miracles. Like a woman named Ruth, who after our first lesson, read 20+ pages of the BoM,  found the 1hr long Joseph Smith movie and watched it, and taught us about the tablets and how Moroni came to Joseph Smith and more. wow! She was amazing! And then getting to teach her husband who grew up Native American and hearing him speak of the great spirit. Wow! I got to give him chapters in the BoM with Ammon teaching King Lamonhi about how that Great Spirit is God. That was cool! When ever we get to teach someone with that history I just marvel at it! it is incredible!
Another one was how we had no money, no food in our pantry (we had had it for lunch), and no dinner. we had prayed for a meal or for just something and 2 hours before dinner at 5, we had a member out with us who randomly asked us if she could feed us. It was great! I love her sooo much! It was the best spaghetti we had ever had.  And that same member, Sister Lee, I love her sooo much! She is incredible and we just had a lot of fun as we worked. It was her first time with the missionaries and we got to answer those silly "can missionaries get haircuts" questions and it was just fun. It really does brighten our day when we get members out with us!
I love you all! Be happy and Smile! God is watching over you!

No comments:

Post a Comment