Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Crazy!

Hello my family!!! How are you? So the RS made these countdowns to Christmas and let us make one too. Its not my fav one, but I like it. Problem is that yesterday I realized it was a countdown to when I get to talk to y'all too. :)
The last few weeks have been incredible. I don't know how but I have changed a lot. I've been thinking a lot about change since I got Amberly's great poster that says "Elizabeth    Don't ever change" And really everything she sent to me meant a lot. I've thought about how I am still the same person, but that I have changed, in some ways I can't quite tell yet. But first I have a really long story to tell.
My new comp is Sister Murphy. She just finished training, been out 3 months, and this is her second area. Lets just say that she freaked out a bit from the change. I love her a lot!!! but this change has been really hard on her. As a result, we received priesthood blessings from great Zone Leaders on Friday. But on Sunday we called the STLs and they came over to help. I think the biggest problem was that the trial wasn't going to just go away. On Monday, we called them again and just asked for a hug and it was good for me, but the day had just started out as a downer with a bad dream and so forth. But afterword everything was good and we contacted a few new people, got a potential. it was great! Dinner at the Taylors was a lot of fun, taught 2 people, great day right!!!!!
So we were driving out of a neighbor hood, and at a stop sign when I saw a teenage girl walking toward us waving us down. She looked really panicky. I rolled down the window just enough to talk with her. She said that she needed a ride down to Smiths parking lot and that her dad was going to commit suicide and she had called the cops. ... .... ..... yeah.    We told her no. We couldn't give her a ride and she ran away, but we called the cops any way and reported it. Little did I realize that we were a block from Smiths and that was exactly where I was headed. So when we saw about 10 cop cars and a squad of cops walking with guns towards Smiths, you can just imagine what we were feeling.
We drove away and went to a parking lot just to sit. and recoup. and pray. We called the DL and ZLs but no answer. So we just waited. but of course, we again were not as far as we thought. And the DLS called right as we saw an ambulance leaving from the Smiths area. So at that point Sis. Murphy asked for a blessing. And we were able to set it up for the ZLs to come with another companionship. Of course they show up when I am in the middle of a melt down. I also got one. An incredible one and more on that later. But that is also not the end of the drama...
During dinner, we had gotten a lot of calls from an unknown number as well as a curse word in a text. As we were coming for blessings, It happened again and had a odd conversation that just didn't make sense. And since the ZLs were asking what was up, we told them about the phone calls. They told us to text president. Who quickly asked for the number and then sent this reply
"I have called and texted the number. I informed the caller that his number had been turned over to the authorities and any further calls would result in his immediate arrest. I immediately got a reply of "okay, I'm sorry". I believe you'll be safe."
yeah, you don't mess with President's girls :) I love him
Alright, soo drama done and over. or so we really hope.
But I want to go back to the amazing blessings we got last night. I love our zone leaders. They just really care and never make us feel like "dumb sisters" The blessing was a huge answer to many many prayers. I think the biggest one was when Heavenly Father told me that I am now the missionary that he wanted me to become. And that was a huge thing. I remember a year ago getting blessings about how one day I would be able to become the missionary I want to be and the one that Heavenly Father wants me to be. How when in Cruces, God told me I was a wonderful missionary and President said then I had a glow and how now pres says its even greater. I have gone through a lot and worked so hard. We read 1 Nephi 3:7 today and I thought, hey I am doing this and it is doing good. It is well. And another incredibly special point was when Heavenly Father told me that the greatest and most important part of my mission has been saved for the end. It made me feel so special to just know again that Heavenly father hasn't forgotten me. That it has all worked up to this and many more great and important things. That I'm still here for many important reasons and that it is good. I'm sooo happy to know that I am fulfilling Heavenly Father's expectations. That is all that I ever wanted. That's why I am here and now it is just so much grater and expanded. I know now that coming home is going to be really really hard for me. I am so grateful to make Heavenly Father happy.
I know this is a crazy letter, but i am thankful for it. I love my mission. I love everything we do. I love it. I am happy
I love you all So very much. Thank you for the cards and more!

Love Sister McShane,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment