Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December half Way gone

So much to say I can't fit it all in. Good thing I'm talking to you... wait, is it next week! wow! no, wow.

First, I will be emailing on Christmas Eve
Second, I've asked Audra Horschel if we can skype from her home sometime in the evening but honestly don't have more details than that. I'm hoping for the evening time because its hard to work after calling home. And this will be my comps first call home.

Mission party was tons and tons of fun! We even drove the long way to get there so that I could go through Bernalillo and Rio Rancho! First area! It was sooo much fun to be there and know exactly how to get to church and exactly where people lived in the area. So much fun! Felt like home. Then we go and of course half of the missionaries in the mission are there including the 2 sisters I was at the MTC with.  We talked and talked and talked. Then I saw Brother Biggs from Enchanted Hills and I find out that my first ward was having a Christmas Breakfast that had just ended so I got to go in and see some of my fav members (all were like, oh, you must be going home soon :/) The food was amazing! A huge feast and they gave us little ornaments with the names of Christ and were sooo sweet. Then the conference was sooo good. I have so many fav parts of it. The first made me cry was when Elder Foster of the 70 said that as we kneel down every night, think about that last prayer you will ever say (on mission) and what you want to be able to say to your Heavenly Father. That was good and I didn't cry from regret more from sorrow as to when that prayer will be. Another part was when he talked about missionary work and the responsibility of it. There is a difference between the work being for
1 the missionaries
2 members helping missionaries
3 missionaries helping members_____ and that is where we want to be. The members own the work we are meant to help teach the people they are finding. Not the other way around. But it is a life style adjustment.  We will see.
Ward party was a lot of fun too. We even had a less active family come and that was great! Its incredible how a great party was turned into something amazing when I saw them come it. Santa was fun and it was very simple. Sad thing about being a missionary is they made us sing Christmas songs Karaoke style in a microphone as everyone else was SUPPOSE to be singing too. gah. haha
Remember last week when I told you about teaching someone named Mimi? She was a former investigator and also the daughter of a less active member that we have been teaching. Well, we finally got to meet with her 2 times and it was amazing! It was on her lunch break both times and when we sat down, you could just see on her face the expectation to be spiritually fed. She was sooo open and ready to hear that she didn't want us to leave and set the next appointment for the very next day. It was a miracle. Her life has changed so much since she last met with the missionaries as she had to learn hard lessons. But now I truly believe that she is ready to embrace the gospel whole heartedly.

This really has been a great week and I'll have to tell you more about it tomorrow. Ask me about
senior couple and Luis
Delgados blessing
I love you all and Merry Christmas!!!! I love you mom, dad, Eyn, Trent, And Amberly!!
PS thanks for the the candy chain, gal! Its sooo much fun to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment