Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas Eve!!

Its almost hard to know what to write, when I know that I will be talking to y'all in person tomorrow!!!!
This has been a really good and stressful week, but that is missionary life :)
This week we had another lesson with Memi and mom, it reminded me a lot of your RS lesson. We went into the lesson with the plan of teaching the first half of the restoration about God is loving, dispensations, and Christ, and I just had this icky feeling that it just wasn't right. It wasn't what we were meant to teach her and I didn't really know what to do. We had 30 min, and I couldn't just lean over to my comp and say Hey, this is all wrong. But I just kept praying that I would know what to do and that my comp would to. So I start reading the scripture we had planed on in 1st James about how God is love. And the entire lesson we just talked about how God loves us even though we are so undeserving and about everything Heavenly Father allowed Jesus Christ to do for us. It felt like we would open our mouth to speak because we knew we had to and God somehow gave us the right words and phrases to say. It was  powerful lesson with a woman that I love a lot. It wasn't us doing the teaching.
But that is something I've also been thinking about. Is how God NEEDs us to do His great work. kind of of an awe-inspiring thing.
It seems that love is a theme for the week. We were trying to see one of our investigators that hasn't met with us in about a month. and we were at the end of trying her when we stopped to see Nicole and the family of 5. and She is very honest and just told us about how she doesn't feel Gods love. She feels like she has done too much wrong and has so much guilt. its great to know that through the atonement we can lose that guilt and we will never lose gods love.
We had an early Christmas dinner with the Taylors and it was the best ever!!!! It was a combined traditional/new Mexican Christmas with turkey, ham, and all the sides as well as enchiladas, green chili, homemade tamales, and more. And they gave us a cute ornament that has a picture of a new Mexican snowman in the desert. its half a head and a carrot :) I love them sooo much!
The surprise package was wonderful! We got home at about 8:20 and saw a note on the door saying Sister McShane I have a package for you from Katy from Sister D... So I called, but I couldn't remember who sister D. was. But when I opened the door for her I almost screamed and I knew exactly who it was! IT was sooo cool! And I loved the hugs and it was just sooo much fun! didn't want to say goodbye I just keep staring at the packages and letter and other fun stuff. love it so much. Sorry dad for just saying hi mom. she said that she was just going to send it to mom soo.... you know I was thinking of you. We had dinner last night with the lady who served in your same mission. So cool. but she did tons of tracking
I love yall!!!! Merry Christmas Eve!!! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment