Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year Everyone! I cant believe it is 2014 already and I especially cant believe that I have an entire calendar year that I haven't been home for! It is insane!
Well, its been a very difficult beginning of the year and end of the last one. But that is okay. Things will be better.
I don't know where to begin, but I guess I will start with the interview I had with President last night. It was funny. We got the text asking us to come to the mission office, but we already had appointments. Within 5 min. after his text, both of our appointments canceled or changed their times. We had to text president back saying" actually, everything just canceled. we would love to meet with you." We were each with him for like 45 min. and I received some very needed council about the missionary that I am. Some of it I already knew, but most of it was things that Heavenly Father had revealed to me, but I had doubted until I had someone I trusted tell me so. I am so thankful for my meeting with him.

We talked about my current companionship's and my past ones. As well as my future and things that I struggle with now. Its incredible how sly Satan is. That he would take a truth and twist just enough that you think the truth is a lie.  And then it eats you up. But what joy it is, when you can finally see again.
This last year our baptism goal was 710 and we reached 540. our 2014 goal is 825
Yesterday, church was just amazing. I felt the spirit so much. It started in a missionary meeting when a ward missionary said that his goal was to have the missionaries over 2 times a month for a FHE and each time they would commit to having at least 1 less active or nonmember present.  Then sacrament meeting was so powerful. One woman went up and talked about how she is the "feisty" girl but always wanted to be something else and it seemed to shape the rest of the day. I also felt like I should go up and when I did, the spirit just took over and words came out of my mouth that I never could have put together so eloquently. I talked about the Savior's love and through him we never have to be alone. He is always here beside us and I talked about Faith and how it is the opposite of fear. God does not want us to be afraid. He wants us to love him and trust in his words. and then our GP class was about how we know that God lives. and it was so powerful to hear how we each need God and how we can rely upon him.  Church was so great yesterday I didn't know I was hungry.
Y'all are so mean. YES I ate the peas. But I did hide the taste. I went shopping on New Years Eve to buy the ingredients for a yummy salsa and it is sooooooo good! But you can't taste the peas. plus the recipe called for 2 cans of peas. I put like 2 Tbs. maybe a bit more but that was it! okay! and for the record I so did not eat them last year.

Do you remember Mike? I taught him one amazing lesson about the restoration and how the Book of Mormon fit in and it was amazing! And since then, he won't meet with us and we don't know why. Sis. Murphy has only just met him. Well, I was on fire yesterday so I called him up after church to see how he was doing. And he said he was just busy and gave us the reasoning that he has a lot going on but will call us back when he can meet. His last meeting was over 1 month ago and he was about to be dropped :( So I just asked him, are you still interested in learning more? and he said YES! he really wants to. And I said, we just don't want to be annoying and we want to make sure this is something you really want. he said yes and it gave me comfort to know he still wants more. I am so happy that I just boldly asked him are you interested. and that I did not shy away from it. It was not overbearing, but instead showed that I have a great concern and love for him, and don't want to be a pest.
I love you all. Things are mostly the same with my comp, but i am much better. I love you tons!

I love you all!
Love Sister Elizabeth K McShane

No comments:

Post a Comment