Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Miracles all around


My dear great family!!! How are all of you doing! I miss you a lot. Every day is an eternity, but the weeks are flying. I can't wait until I get to talk to you and explain even more about the miracles we see. Many of which i dont have time to write.

I am doing great. healthy and happy.  and really trying to think about what to tell yall about.
It feel like it have been a great week in many ways. In one, SISTER TOMPKINS MY BABY IS NOW MY STL) and we are going on exchanges with her on Friday! I will go with her to their area! I am soooo excited! We have already had them over and I feel like the 2 of us could have talked forever. I am sooo incredibly proud of her. Not because she is stl, but because of the missionary she is. I am so happy for her.

Also, we had an appointment with Memi today and were able to invite her to be baptized on Feb 8th. It was a good lesson, although too many distractions in the background. I got a pic with her! I love her a lot. I know that I am meant to teach her and its funny how she has told us each this. In some of our lessons I tell her, sometimes I feel like God has forgotten me or sometimes I don't feel like I am worth anything and its incredible to see her expression as she slowly realized that none of us, even missionaries are perfect. Then she starts to teach me in which she also teaches herself. Sorry, hard to explain. I hope that made sense.
Yesterday at church, we also talked about God's love in 2nd and 3rd hour. And in part of it she wrote a list of characteristics of God. including all knowing, all wisdom, loving, and so forth. But I realized that the ones that stood out to me are infinite and unchanging. This gives me so much comfort knowing that God won't die. There is no end to his existence and no need to ever say good bye. and with that he never changes. I can always rely on him and trust in him to the fullest. How incredible is that, That he loves me knows exactly who I am. Sometimes, Satan tries to make me believe I am on my own  or that God doesn't want to give me a priesthood blessing, but it is not so. He loves me more than I can imagine.
This week. we stopped by a woman who hasn't been to church in a long time and is now coming back but doesn't know alot about the church. I love being with her (she signed up to feed us every week until I leave :) But when we were with her, she shared part of her testimony informally with us. It was a blessing for me to hear that she has a testimony of the temple without ever being there and that although she is not sure about somethings, the spirit has truly touched her life. I know that one reason that I am dying in this area is so that, a few days after I last see her, I will be able to call her and always be her friend and sister in the gospel.
I love y'all sooo very much! And I'm thankful for your needed prayers and help as well.

Love Sister Elizabeth K McShane

No comments:

Post a Comment