Tuesday, September 18, 2012

9/18/2012

Hello my family!

I am so glad that you got all of the pictures I sent. Sorry there were not many, but I wanted to give you something. I will try to send the memory card next week.

So, on usual p-days, we got to the store, get lunch, and then go to the stake center to use the gym with all of the other missionaries in our stake and to write letters. It is really fun. It is a good way to blow off some steam.
So, we are super lucky that we have a cell phone. But it is on silent most of the time, for appointments. its nice to be able to need something right then and get it quickly. Only downfall is getting people to answer there phones! lol. It usually helps us get the work done, rather than hinder it.
I am sooooo excited to get to look down I-10. You can sure bet that I will be waving! :) It will be so nice to be in any part of Texas. I'd love to see the boarder, that would be sooo cool.  (Elizabeth will be in El Paso to hear Elder D. Todd Christofferson on Friday Sept. 21 and 22)
I am so happy that we got to go to the temple this week. I love the spirit at the temple and I love everything that I get to learn. I was grateful for the members who volunteered on missionary Monday. It made me feel really good that there were members who desire so much for the missionaries and who love to serve us in this way. The Temple was beautiful and I am so excited to go back in 6 months. It was amazing to feel so much love from the savior and from Heavenly Father. The layout is exactly like the Houston temple. Even though the outsides don't look anything alike. It was nice knowing exactly where to go, because I had done it before :)

I know that in my last letter I told you that we had 2 to be baptized on the 20th. Well, that didn't happen. but what did occur was crazy cool. On Tuesday, my companion and I were talking about it and about how the less active dad would not even be able to be there at all and that was super disappointing. We had even talked to the Bishop a little about it. Tuesday afternoon, we got a phone call from the lady and her daughter saying that they were not sure if they were ready to be baptized, but that they wanted the Dad to be able to do it and to be there. They want to make it a family thing and they are all prepared and ready to come back to church together. It was awesome! I'm glad that this family has the chance to come back to church all together. Its even better.

I have been so surprised by how many people think that churches are here only to get free money off of. I have been shocked by the number of people who come to us and say "You follow Christ, right, so will you give me money?" It is so sad. But on a happier note, it is incredible to see how the church is truly for everyone. On one day, we taught someone who was angry and thought that the world was full of hateful people and then taught someone who thought that the world was full of hope and joy. Its incredible to watch the same spirit be able to touch the lives of all types of men and women. They truly can feel the love of Christ, because he has felt all of the pains and joys that each person in the world has. incredible.

Mom- You said that John Hilton was at Time Out for Women! That is the same person that was at my first EFY. He is so great! And his Cd's are amazing too! Oh, so, I was at the LDS book store looking for CDs but I didn't know what to get! because we can only listen to things that can be played in sacrament meeting. any way you could send me stuff eventually?

Oh, you will be soo happy. I have about half way through my journal! crazy! I cant believe how much i write. of course, idk if it is readable because I try to say so much in no time at all.
Mom and Dad! Happy Early Anniversary! I love Both of You! Married 22 Years! And Eternity more to go! :)

I LOVE YOU MOM< DAD< TRENT> EYN> AMBERLY SOOOOO MUCH! And I LOVE snail mail

No comments:

Post a Comment