Monday, September 17, 2012

Pictures and a letter

9/10/12
 
Dear Family,
Hola! From New Mexico.  So, I just wanted to send y'all a few pictures of my life. 
 
The first two are my District in the MTC. We had the most amazing District!
 
Me in front of the Provo Temple

Don't know why I am sending this one to you.. But it is me in my new home.

My Companion - Sister Lindsay, Payne Kent (age 9), Brother Kent (Baptized them), Trevon Kent (8), and me(Sister McShane)
This photo shows our personalities. Payne being a pain, Sister Lindsay scolding him lightly, his dad getting onto him, Treven in his own world and me, grimacing and wondering what have I've gotten myself into. Hahaha!!
 
Short letter included with pictures:
 
Do you realize that I have passed my 1 month marker!  Wow!!
 
One of the hardest things we do is "drop" investigators.  Its hard to watch people who could know, but don't want to know.  Everyone here is either Catholic or "they believe all churches are true!"  Both are difficult and interesting.  Catholics like to say "I am Catholic.  I already believe in Christ.  I am saved. Goodbye."  Whereas the others will say "We believe all churches worship the same God.  We don't stick with one"  They are hard because they don't believe only one Church to be true.  In ways their mind is way too open.
 
It amazes me at the people I see - who I meet and teach.  Its like I have always lived in one world and now I am seeing a new one.  It can be very, very scary to see how others live each day.
I love all of you.  I pray for each of you every night.  You are all the best.  I know that God loves each of us and that faith can produce miracles.  Pray, read your scriptures and go to church.
 
Love, Sister McShane
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment