Monday, September 24, 2012

9/24/12

Howdy Ya'll!

Your letters always make me laugh and cry at the same time. I love reading all of them.

Ok, So on Friday we had zone conference from 7:30 to 3:30 and then we left straight for El Paso! We met the sisters that we were staying the night with at about 8:30 at the stake center and went straight to their apartment for the night. They were way nice. We had 7 sisters with only one shower :) But it was way fun. Its great to meet new sisters. On Saturday, we all got up early and went to the stake center at 8:30AM. The mission pres. and his wife seated us all and then we spent until 9:15 listening to the men sing a song and then reading scriptures out loud. At 9:15, Elder Christoferson, Elder Wright and Elder Halstrom came in. They wanted to shake our hands! That was coool! It was so awesome to hear from them all. He taught us about the blessings that would come from serving a mission. He said that Serving a mission is like a tithe on the first 21 years of our life. Except that while on a mission we become more indebted to God, so it never really comes out fair :) he also said that this is the best place we can be for our families. And although things will not be perfect at home, this is the place where blessings will pore out on your family. It was awesome. It really helped to hear of the blessings that my families will receive while I am here. I really needed to hear about the mission being a tithe to the Lord that is really never paid off. It has given me more hope and determination as I pray to get through the week, day by day. I loved hearing about what every one's mother has taught them. I do not know why that is so important to me. But I have to focus on the reasons why I am here. Truth is, if I was here for myself, I would not be on a mission at all. I do this for God above all, and then for those I teach, for my family, my future family, and for everyone I will ever encounter. Serving a mission is not easy, but it is worth it. I tell myself that everyday. The talks from Saturday are in my heart and they keep me going. I want to share the gospel of Jesus Christ for more than baptismal numbers. I loved hearing about the "name" of Jesus Christ and the importance of it. I really am here for him and to bring others unto him.

It was every missionary in the mission. About 130-150 of us (27 sisters missionaries) It was so cool. I saw the other 4 who came with me from the mtc and others i knew from the plane. i loved being able to listen to everyone who spoke on Saturday.
of course I waved on I-10!!! Like a million times! I loved being back in Texas! It was also cool to look into Mexico! You could see Juarves. It was sooo cool! On the way back we decided to stop in Hatch at a place famous for green chili. We drove up and saw like 50 missionaries in line! It was crazy and not planned or coordinated at all! I got pics. that was so funny. I had a mango and red chili shake. yeah, i got half way through it and then gave it away it was strange.

Zone conference was amazing! you have NO idea what it means to us to have people willing to serve and prepare meals for us. It makes us so happy. I wish we could have had the members with missionaries out join us. That would have awesome. i learned so much from that conference. I am so excited to go out and use what I have learned. The best part was learning what I could do better. I hate being told to be better without anyone telling us how. This time, people told us how.

Because we had temple, pday, el paso trip, planning, we did not have very much proselyting time. Thursday night was sooo cool though. We had weekly planning all day, and then had so many appointments in the evening that we were running around like chickens with there heads chopped off driving cars. yeah, not a good image to put in mind. but we got it all done. Dinner plus 3 appointments. We have amazing people that we are teaching. I truly love being able to teach people in the rich, nice houses and then going to the trailers. I am so thankful for what I have. Its like being in a new world. Where everything that I had chosen not to see, what not around me. Ive always tried hard not to judge others. But now that is even more implemented when I see members who live around drugs and have had horrible things done to them and there families.

So guess what! Ragweed is horrible up here! Everyone is still sick off and on with allergies! But not me! I am sooooo blessed! I know that God is hearing both my prayers and yours!

Did I tell you about the scorpion? My comp and i were trying to unlock our apartment at night and we saw a small one right by her hand! it was crazy! We took pictures and killed it before it could get inside! The animals here are nutz@! i see wild bunnies everyday. at least those are cute. haha.

Mom! Every ones email told me to read yours first! WOW an IPAD! I see why ! I hate to break it to you, but Amberly likes Dad's better. but maybe that is a good thing for you. haha. Should i guess how long before dad or Trent tries to get something better") or maybe i should guess which one of them tries to beat it first! I'm so happy y'all had a great anniversary! sounds like so much fun! And Amberly, i am glad that you had fun too. You did SOOOO many crafts! that is awesome! Where are you going to put all of them! haha! Vicky and Ron sound so coool. I am so happy that members of the ward just keep surrounding y'all what a great area! It will be so cool to see how the ward splits. It sounds like it is going to be way complicated but hopefully super beneficial.

Dad- It is truly incredible the things that the Spirit can do. We are not the teachers at all. I am so happy that you had the opportunity to be an instrument and to be able to recognize it. you are truly an instrument in him hands more than you realize it. Everything that you do within our family, your callings, even when you help others and share the gospel. I am so happy for you and the experiences that You have and i love you so mu ch. Could you snail mail me some of your missionary experiences? It would mean a lot to me, especially now that I am in this whole new world. I bet the fam. would love them too.

Trent- i live on/by the Sandia Mountains in Placitas. I don't remember what Placitas means, but sandia is watermelon. Something about the mountain looking like a watermelon when the sun hits. yeah, i don't really understand that one. It's weird going down Calle Sandia (a street) cause its basically watermelon street. That does not make much sense to me, but oh well.

I have finally had some authentic Mexican burritos, but everything in New Mexico-ized because they put green chili in it. Maybe ill send you some eventually. idk

I LOVE YOU MOM DAD EYN TRENT AMBERLY! Y'all are all the best family ever! I think and pray for you every single day! You mean the world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment