Thursday, September 27, 2012

Anniversary Note

(Elizabeth sent us the following in a card for our anniversary and I thought I would share it.)

Hey Mom and Dad,
So far I have seen a million different types of families and relationships.  Split homes, Partner home, loving homes, and never around homes.  I see the way spouses treat each other and their children.  Although this may sound cliche, I wanted to say that I am thankful for the way you love each other, care for each other, and uplift each other.  It is inspiring to see.  Thanks for getting married, I guess. :)
I love y'all so much.  Thank you for choosing to keep and make sacred covenants.  I love y'all so much.

I know that the church is true.  I know that God only asks us to do what He knows we can accomplish.  I know that families can be together forever.  I know that I knew each of you before I came to earth.  I know that parents set examples for their children.  I know that being born under the covenant has brought miracles and undeserved blessings into my life.  I know that each of you are children of a loving Heavenly Father who knows you by name.  I know that we are each meant to have agency.  I know that God is calling out to each of us to come unto Him and repent.  I know that as you pray for missionary experiences, you can receive.

Mom and Dad; Dad and Mom, Thanks so much for the decisions you have made in your life.  Thank you for what you have taught me and each of your children.  I am so proud of you, Dad and Mom. 

I love you Mom!  I love you Dad!

Love,
Sister Elizabeth K McShane

No comments:

Post a Comment