Tuesday, September 4, 2012

(Our letters from Elizabeth came on Tuesday this week due to Labor day.  They were not able to access computers at the library due to the holiday.  Trent and I were fortunate to be able to send a few emails back and forth with her "live" while she was on the computer!  It made the distance not seem so far for just a few minutes! She said she is doing amazing and absolutely loves it there!)  Todays letter is lots of answers to questions we asked her in our letters.  Enjoy!!
 
My companion is great and a lot like me oddly.  She does not know what she is doing training wise. But it’s a good thing too because it makes me push myself rather than always having someone pushing me. She is very nice. Guess what she has been sick most of the week! Hahaah  I know it’s the one thing everyone says would be horrible to happen, but it happened to me. But it was ok. Found out it was really bad allergies. however, that means they will never go away,. Apparently allergies here are HORRIBLE.  but i haven’t had any at all. That is very nice. 
Music- we can only listen to stuff that is vocally and instrumentally appropriate for sacrament meeting. We have a very low selection of music to listen to. and we are looking for primary hymns. We go to the temple 9-17 and I might stop at the bookstore for stuff. idk. Just depends.

Best experience of the week- We were tracking (we do a lot of that) and it was my turn to speak at the house so i prayed real quick and asked to feel Gods love for that door. And it came. Overwhelmingly. And when she answered the door I just knew that God loves her. And I’m glad i did. She was an old lady and thought we were very nice people. But she couldn’t believe some of the stuff we taught. She had actually read true doctrine of ours written by other people and threw in our face some of the things that are most sacred to my heart. She had even burned the Book of Mormon. It was heart breaking. But even though we were turned away, i knew that God loved her even though she denies him. It was amazing and horrible all at the same time.
Oh, so our area includes huge homes and trailer parks. Large diversity of incomes.  My fav. place was the the bad neighborhood in town. ha, that was fun. Its where all the drug trafficking and other stuff goes on. I know you didn’t want to know that. But i am excited.
Look up pueblo styled homes in NM. they are awesome. To make it better, most homes have arched doorways inside. They are so cool bc they always remind me of home. I love seeing them around.
I can’t get use to all of the cigarette smoke i get every day. It’s overwhelming at times.

We have a baptism on sat. for a little 10 yr old.
I get to go to church from 7-4:30. Yes, that means I get to go to 2 wards every Sunday!!!!! wowow that is a lot of church! I got so fidgety. It will take a lot of getting used to.

The ward here is sooo nice. We only have a limited number of miles every month so if you can , please let the missionaries know that if they ever need a ride (biking or car missions) that you can give them one cause it helps us out SOOOOOOO much. We also LOVE it when we get fed. but ALWAYS say that you have pb and j  as another option. I love the families that really love the missionaries. We can tell and we always stop at those homes for restroom breaks. this one family gives us stuff every time we stop by for the restroom. Last week it was home  made banana bread!!!! wow! Also please give referrals!
Everyone here has a lap dag. It’s crazy! I can’t get away from them Macy! But i have yet to find her type of dog. Haha! On the 22 we will be in El Paso to hear from an apostle!!!! ahhh!  So exciting!!

The food here is awesome. But nothing Spanish yet. We get fed like queens  and it is the best part of the day usually. i love to get to sit with members who do have testimonies and the spirit in their homes. There is a huge difference

I LOVE ALL OF YOU! I gotta go!
Sister Elizabeth K McShane

No comments:

Post a Comment