Tuesday, August 28, 2012

FAMILY!!!!

I get to email you today!! 

Mom and Dad - I loved being able to talk with you yesterday.  I am sorry I cried.  I tried fighting it, but hey, at least I did say a lot!  I was so happy that I was able to hear your voices.  It made me so happy.

Mom - How is the new house?  What is up with the new ward and all of those changes?  How are you liking everyone going back to school?  Is it relaxing in the daytime and crazy at night?  How are you liking every ones teachers and stuff?  If you are wondering what Grandma is doing, I think I can tell you.  It sounds odd, but I have been keeping a close tab on her.  I do not think that she was with me at the MTC much.  I did not need her there.  But I do think that she has been in a few places.  When she is not with you, I think that she has been helping to guide the people in New Mexico whom I will soon teach.  I also think that she has been helping with the temple work of those who have died.  I know that she is wherever she is needed.  I love and miss her so much and I am sure that I think of her so often because she is near me so often.  And I know that her and PaPa love you so much.

Dad - How is work? What are you working on?  Is it different now that everyone is at school again?  I love you so much!  Its crazy being here.  I am so thankful for all of the things that you have taught me and continue to teach me.  Could you send me some stories from your mission?  I would LOVE to hear about them.

So, yesterday I got to the airport, went to the temple for a picture (that didn't turn out too bad, except for Elder Reading hiding behind the president) went to the mission home for lunch, pictures and stuff.  Then some Sister Missionaries came over and took us to knock on doors!!  But it was awesome1!  On the first door, we a referral for the English Speaking Elders (I was with Spanish speaking sisters) with a date and a time :) So Cool!! On the next door no one answered, and on the last I got to talk to this very talkative lady about churches and life.  She is a very devote catholic (baptized at 40) but we were able to give her a pamphlet.  She was very nice.

Ok, what you may be dying to know.. We stayed at the mission home last night and today I got my area and companion.  I am with Sister Linday, in the Area Bernalillo/Enchanted Hills (those 2 wards) in the Bernalillo District with district leader Elder Schneider, Zone Santa Fe/Rio Ranco with zone leaders Elder Chalk (From Houston!! I think he said Spring something?) and Elder Turnbo.  I also found out that the office does NOT forward mail or boxes!  I live about 20 minutes from the office. 

Today, I dropped off my stuff and came to email you after I got my companion.  I have a lot to learn.  But when we were waiting for the library to open we talked to a man who tried to tell us lies about the Book of Mormon. - whatever- for every no we get, we are more likely to get a yes!

New Mexico is absolutely beautiful!  I love it already so much! Our apartment is pueblo style.  It is an adjacent apartment to a members home, but they are out of town.  I am so sad to have left my companion and the elders from the MTC but I am happy.  We had an amazing district that I miss so much.

I LOVE all of you so much! You are amazing! I miss you like crazy and I am so glad that y'all are writing me often! all of my LOVE forever!

Sister Elizabeth K McShane

No comments:

Post a Comment