Wednesday, August 22, 2012

August 22, 2012

Thank you everyone for the letters and the prayers@! they make me laugh soooo much! My district leader checks the mail 2 times everyday. After lunch and after dinner. After lunch is when we get the packages and some letters and then after dinner comes the Dear Elder's and some last min. letters. So if you send a letter on Saturday to the MTC, idk if i will get it at all :(

I bet the missionaries LOVE y'all! And i know that they will love you even more if you give them some referrals :) haha, sound like a missionary already, ya? I hope you continue having the missionaries over a lot. My biggest tip for feeding them is to be incredibly good food and unique every time. Missionaries get the same food a lot i bet. Oh, but give them options in case they don't like anytghing.

I saw Elder Heretia today for like 2 min. He was in a rush. It'll b cool to see him here for a few days.

I watched The Testaments and it was soooo funny!!!! It was with a lot of elders. I don't know why, but when the guy kisses the girl and all the elders start laughing, I cant help but laugh at the elders!!!! hahahahahahah! :) But at the end of the movie, i truly did want the savior to come again. It was amazing and so real. Although, I think the screen we watched it on is only a little bit bigger than the one in the media room, but not nearly so close

Eyn- how do you like the ward right now? I heard about the many girls :) :) :) sounds awesome. What have you been up to?

Trent- I LOVE YOU! hahahahaha, i loved ur email!!! made me laugh so hard! I know that however the new ward is, it will be awesome. You know how you said you deleted half the letter to me? I know how you feel! I was writing my branch president for an assignment and the same thing happened to me! Ahhh! It made me late for our 30 min. breakfast! not soo cool! How in the world did the topic of Lion king and Tangled come up with the missionaries? Man, why didn't we all watch Tangled before i left! that would have been awesome! You asked how to send pictures. If you want me to keep the pictures, send them snail mail. if you just want me to see the pictures, you can just add it as an attachment onto your letters to myldsmail. Ill see them that way.

Dad- hahahaha! I don't think it would help your case if i told mom to let you read some of my letters out loud :) hahahah you people make me laugh (im not suppose to say "you guys" so we say a lot of "you elders/sisters" around here"

Amberly- I sent you a letter (that you have to let everyone else read too :P but i forgot to mention this) mom said that you two got pedicures!!!!! ahhh! soooo coool! and so much better than i could ever do! how was it? did  you get ur nails done again? did they rub your feet? isn't it awesome!

Mom- :) :) :) I have loved your letters almost everyday. If you sent me one today, I'm afraid that I wont get it until after 5:30. The elders always tease the sisters because we get all the mail! when yours prints out, many times it looks like i have 2 letters!  and then some of my friends and others send some too! :) it is so much fun! and people in my district or zone keep getting dear elder food packages that they share with all of us. it is soo much fun :)

So, I have no idea when I am going to be able to email/write you again seeing as the day we fly out is on a Monday. Honestly, i don't even know if we will have another opportunity to wash clothes for 2 weeks. please write me though and write me again and again! its sooo worth all of it.

So yesterday, for devotional my roommates and I decided to sing in the choir. They never tell us who comes to speak to us. It is all very secret. The speaker was coming through the door when the people nearest the entrance suddenly jumped up. It was so funny to see us all trying to stand and figure out who it was. It was Neil L. Anderson!!!! He gave a great talk about 10 things that President Monson would tell us if he were here. You know Pres. Monson's bday was yesterday? we all sang happy birhtday to him :) It was a great talk that was very inspiring.

Mom- you mentioned this week about a triangle that Elder Kol... talked about. My companion and I have really used that and tried to work on it. The first person we need to convert is ourselves, followed by our relationship Io each other. there is a triangle with God at the top, the missionaries on one side, and the investigator on the other. Which is the most important line to follow? Its from the investigator to God. We need to work toward guiding the investigators to develop there own relationship with God. This is key for true conversion.

This week, i taught an investigator about the restoration and Joesph Smith. It was going good, until i suddenly felt an overwhelming love for him. I felt only  a tidbit of God's love for him. It was amazing! I was able to teach him and really care about him as God did. I even felt prompted to ask him to be baptised and he said yes. I will teach him for the last time tonight and i hope that everything is still going strong. I want to have experiences like that all the time. They are not yet the norm.

We also taught a lady from Tonga who truly loved the bible and was looking for the truth. She had all of these questions and talked and talked about her life and her spiritual progression. I think that she was a real investigator. At the end of it. My companion spoke up and bore and incredibly powerful. testimony. It was amazing. all 3 of us were crying it was so strong. We didn't answer teach her much doctrinally, but with her short testimony she told the lady exactly what we believe in. Joesph Smith- Book of Mormon- the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, and more. It was too perfect to have happened without God.

Sadly, not all lessons are that amazing, but that is OK right now. I hope to just keep growing and getting better.

I love all of you so much! you are the best family I could have ever asked for. Thank you for all of the prayers  and love you send my way. There are times that I can physically, mentally, and spiritually feel it. I love you and i hope everyone the best as you go to school. I pray for you all of the time! Remember to love God with all of your heart and look up 1 Nephi 4:6. its my life exactly.

Love Sister Elizabeth K McShane

No comments:

Post a Comment