Thursday, August 9, 2012

First Letter from the MTC - written August 9, 2012

Dear Mom, Dad, Eyn, Trent and Amberly,

I love and miss all of you so much!  I keep thinking "where is my phone" or "Is my phone on silent?" or "Oh, I'd love to call you and tell you.... " I Never thought I'd miss my phone so much!! lol!  Just so you know, my MTC president gave us all special instructions to write these 1st few days.  I have also found out that my 1st P-day is on Wednesday!

The 1st few days here have really been crazy.  I don't know what to say about them.  Every second is mapped out for me.  Where I need to go, do say...  Tomorrow, my companion - Sister Purcell - and I will teach an investigator.  We are a bit lost as to what we need to say, but we are praying a lot and will study more in the morning.  I am in the 3rd Branch, 3rd District, and 3rd Zone, so that won't be hard to remember.  My companion is amazing.  She is one of those people that you instantly see and know there is some kind of connection or something there.  She is from Hawaii.  My two other roommates - Sister McFarland and Sister Gale - are amazing too.  We are all instant friends.  My district is made up mainly of people going to Albuquerque New Mexico  (Sister McFarland, me, my companion, and 2 of the elders) or South Carolina.  We are already feeling like a family.  I feel like I have so much to do and so little time.  My zone is made up of 3 districts.  I have had so much fun here.  The spirit is so strong and everyone is so happy and inviting.

Sleep was hard last night - I have 2 roommates with ticking alarm clocks! But all is good!  My companion is 25.  The other 2 are 21 and 24.  However, I am the baby, but I don't feel like it.  Its like we have the sisters - huge gap - brothers.  Wow, Dad!  You were right!  The 19 year olds are SO immature!  I thought you'd like to know that I now have a white bible and a clerical card signed by President Monson.

I love my scriptures Mom!  They are so beautiful.  I played soccor and some other game during gym time today.  It was wonderful being outside.  I am so happy that we went out with Uncle Tom and the family.  It was very special to have them out with me.

FYI - I have already used an entire package of moleskin to line my shoes! OUCH!! No blisters yet though! I am expected to leave the MTC about the 27th of August - The last day in the field is 26 Feb 2014. 

Being here, I feel more confident and stupid at the same time.  Does that make sense? One of my teachers served with President and Sister Miller in New Mexico.  We ask him many questions.  Have you ever heard of Green Chili?  Supposedly, we are all going to love and crave it...

My roommate, Sister McFarland said "I thought Sister McShane was just the sweetest, nicest person and then you come out with these sassy comments,"  Hahahahah!!  See! They are getting to know me soooo well!! 

I love all of you so much!! I pray about you in Every prayer.  I want you to be safe and truly feel the spirit in your life every day.  Keep me updated on everything!

Love, Sister McShane (Cause thats my name!!)

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if Sister Purcell is from Laie. There is a Purcell family here - Brother Purcell is the recorder in the Temple. Love reading her letters!

    ReplyDelete