Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October 1st

Wow, it is great to hear from everyone. I love y'all so much. It is so great to hear your experiences and words. Ok, So Mom and Dad asked me how I, Elizabeth, was doing. but here is the thing. I AM Sister McShane. I am more than myself, if that even makes sense. I am here to do God's Work and that is really what I try to focus on. In the RS broadcast a lady talked about how the pioneers had to get rid of anything extra in there carts. In many ways, that is how I am. I have my family, friends, God, and the world around me in my carts. I try my best to get rid of what I will not see or do. I try not to be discouraged or disappointed in myself, because I can't carry that along with me. As an investigator would say, I raise my hand up to the Lord and try to give it all up to him, because he will take it if I have faith and continually try to improve myself. I don't write you much of when I am down, because its not worth the time that I do have and its not worth it to make the thoughts go through my head. I am not perfect at all. I have hard days. I have bad days. I have days that I just don't want to get up. But I am not. I rely on my companion, God, and my journal in all things. I can't let it overcome me.

Something cool this week is the Navajo people. We shared a message with a family this week who decided to drop the missionaries a few months ago because of the reservation laws. Thing is, you can actually get kicked off of the Pueblo for being anything but catholic. It is so sad because this family knows it is true! I have been thinking about what Nephi and Jacob and Lehi must be saying. At last these amazing peole have a chance to hear of there fathers! And yet they deny the true word of Christ. It is so sad and hard to take in. In some of the reservations, they have made it a law that the people can not leave on Sundays as away to prevent some of the members there from going to church! I feel so sorry for these people who just do not understand.
This week was great. We had many members present :) and were able to talk to many people. I love being about and inviting other people to change their lives. Sister Lindsay and I had a really good companionship inventory that has already shown leaps of improvement in both of us. We were able to talk through a lot of things that were holding us back, as well as figure out specific things to do to improve ourselves. One of our biggest  problems was trying to change everything at once. Repentance is Change. But if you try to change everything then you will explode. I know that it has been 5 weeks that we have been together, but we are starting to see much more companionship unity between us. Our strength of the week was member presents, but we are lacking in referrals and investigators at sacrament meeting. Last week, we had every investigator invited by a member. But it seems that something more needs to be done and we are working on it. We have also decided to visit every family of the ward and invite them to share the gospel and get referrals for the missionaries. It might be a semi-slow processes, but we are going for it. This week, we had a member bear her testimony. She said that her and her husband had decided to pray for missionary experiences. That same week, we knocked on the door. We had NO idea about there prayers. I am so thankful to be an instrument in the Lords hand. it just shows that alot of it, we don't and wont ever know about any of it.
 
Mom and Dad. your letters every week are truly inspiring. I love to hear your thoughts and your feelings as you go throughout the day. I have been thinking about how the family has prayed for missionary work and it makes me so glad. We need to help and the work of the members to go forward.
 
The Broadcast was awesome. It is so different to look at what they are saying in ways that it can apply to me personally and then to my investigators. It changes every word. I am so excited for conference this weekend. We have been inviting EVERYONE.
Ok, So more of me. I love New Mexico, but I think it is really odd that some people who hate rocks, actually have green turf as grass. That is odd. I think about y'all every day. Its funny how Ill just be sitting somewhere thinking about an investigator and a memory of y'all will just pop up. Do I want to go home sometimes. yes. But who wouldn't? That is part of life. Especially when we have a cell phone and I have our home phone memorized. But I don't. I do miss school and I miss Kenzie a lot. But life really is Good.
 
I Love You. Each of You. You are all special and important to me! I LOVE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment