Monday, October 15, 2012

10/15/2012

Hello Family!!! How are all of you! I miss you tons! Y'all are the best!

I am doing really good this week. Alot of amazing things are happening everywhere we turn. I don't feel like I deserve them at all. Y alls letters are awesome. its great to hear everything.


I had a day this week when everything was reminding me of home! When we got gas, we stopped to say hi to a family who was traveling through. They recognized us as missionaries and they told us that they were going to HOUSTON TX!!!! Freaked me out! wondered if I could sneak into there trunk or something :) Just kidding. But it was cool to see them. They were going to Cyprus.

The weather changes quickly. you never know if you need a coat on or if you will be sweating all day. The leaves are changing colors, but there are not too many leaves to change in the first place. But the mountain is looking yellower and I love all of the red leaves. I don't know if that is making the wild animals come out or what. I have now see many coyote, scorpions, spiders, wild bunnies, and road runners. However, loony tunes doesn't accurately show road runners at all.

The balloons are sooooo cool! I have a few on that card i sent y'all. If you look, you can see a pink elephant and Smokey the bear. sooo cool. IT is the best when they land. The go all over. especially in neighborhoods. in the parks, elementary schools, backyards, and streets. They are literally everywhere! I cant explain them. The best are the ones that are in shapes.

This last weekend we had stake conference. It was really good. We only went to the general session of it. In one of the talks, President Seagal spoke about how (2 weeks bf general conference) he had been in a hotel in Utah and Elder L Tom Perry came up to him in the Lobby. President S. asked him about missionary work and other things on his mind. Elder Parry told him just to wait for general conference and to make sure that he was there and listening. But that the missionary work would go forth and that very, very quickly, the number of missionaries would double in every ward.!!!! Isn't that amazing! Can you imagine having 4 missionaries in a ward!

On Saturday, a 9 year old girl, Katia Bond, was baptized as anew convert! She is sooo sweet. I have a picture that is going to be printed this week and sent next week. She was so easy to teach and knows everything. It was great to watch her learn and desire to follow Christ in every way. She is amazing.

There is one girl that we are teaching (the one with the deaf mom, but the mom did not come to the appointment this week) that amazes me. She has so much faith, and she has already been reading from the book of Mormon. The best part of the week was asking her to be baptized. You should have seen her face. She was already aglow with the spirit, but when she heard the words "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized" she got so excited. She was soooo happy. You could tell that it was exactly what she wanted. T hat one expression was priceless!

Something else that was cool came form a referral that we received from the spanish sisters. It was out in the ghetto part of Bernalillo and we went at about 7 or 7:30 at night. We knocked on the door of this trailer to see a man. We were only there for like 20 min. And in those few min. the man could already feel the spirit working on his heart as we talked about how families can be forever and of God's love for us. We explained about how he can have that feeling of comfort with him for the rest of his life. It was so amazing.

Ok, I have got to tell you about this too. We have been teaching 2 women for a while now and one night, one of the women's friends show up and we invite her to join us. During that lesson, the girl mentions that her mother is a member- one not on our records! coincidence? NEVER. So we got her name and address and we have been trying to visit for the last few weeks. This week, they invited us in and we were able to teach her and her baptized mother about the book of Mormon. When we handed her a book of Mormon, she took the book as though it were glass and might easily break. her face was full of reverence and her mother and tears dripping down her face. the spirit was so very strong in that room. i love seeing the spirit touch the hearts of so many. This truly is the church meant for all people of all backgrounds.

oh, we think that we had the cops called on us. hahaha. so, if you hear anything about the missionaries in NM.... :) My companion and Sister Rose had been knocking on doors, when at this one house, 2 little girls opened the door. They asked if the mom was home, they said no, but the girls told the missionaries there name and the moms name. When my companion and I went backk, the mom opened the door, yelled what do you want, so we asked if she was so-and-so and told her that we had met her daughters the other day but had wanted to come back when she was home. The mom got so mad at us. She yelled at us that she didnt know how we had her name or had met her daughers and that she didnt appreciate it and she is catholic and slammed the door. We walked back to the car, and a few min later she was outside her house, on the phone, staring at us with her angry eye. hahaha, so we drove away, and felt really bad for her and her family and the oportunity that they were missing out on. We did feel bad for her. but we must have also seen about 10 cops everywhere we went that night.

Thank you for your prayers. Yesterday, I had prayed that we would be safe. But latter on, I was saying another prayer and right before I said amen I had the thought to pray that we would be safe again. Latter that night, we had planned on seeing a less active member that we have been trying to get ahold of all week. however, we both felt that we should try somewhere else and I had the distrint impression that the reason that we were not to go to that other persons home, was to keep us safe. Of course, that meant I wanted to go even more :) but we most certainly did not. I know that it is because of your prayers and because of your faith that I am kept safe and that the pure of heart are being found. I know that if it hadnt been for yall, i may not have thought to pray again for safety. I love yall.

So, in my Book of Mormon reading, I am in Alma. It is amazing. I have never been so interested in reading the scriptures like this before. It helps that I dont read harry potter all of the time. The scriptures really are stories full of climax, plot, characters, and best of all absolute truth. I love reading it.

I love hearing about all of you! Yall make me smiles! Thank you for your prayers and your love. they make a HUGE difference. I love YOu!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment