Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Columbus Day

I LOVE YALLLLLLL XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
 
So, who knew that the Library is closed on Columbus Day..... yeah..... but really, who knew that it was Columbus day at all.

This week has been amazing and very difficult all tied in one. I have relied on prayer more than anything else. I have often wondered how many prayers I have said a day or that I will in a lifetime. That will be a super high number. The other morning, I was praying and just talking to God about every thing. Just pouring everything out, like it says in Alma 37:36. Afterwards, I had the lyrics "Father do you love me" stuck in my head but I couldn't remember the rest of the song. So I grabbed my children's hymn book out and flipped through it. I found the song "Teacher do you love me." Do you remember when my and Eyn and maybe Trent were younger and the ward choir had the adults and the children singing that song together? But they changed the words teacher to mother or father? Well, I do. And that hymn ended up being the exact answer to my prayers.

I have also been thinking a lot about Christ and about his ministry. He is amazing because he is the perfect everything, including the perfect missionary. Even Christ could not change all of the hearts of the people and they crucified him. Their God. You just have to except that everyone has there agency to choose right or wrong for themselves and even God could not/did not want to force them to choose righteously.
 
Last week, I went on Exchanges with Sister Davis up in Los Alamos. It was way cool. I met so many nice people. And it was actually GREEN! That was crazy. And everyone up there works in what is called "The Lab." It is the exact same lab that the atomic bomb was created in. Of course, when it was built, it was meant to be a secret area, but now it has a large community and about 32 churches in the area. wow.

I loved General Conference. That is so cool that everyone was able to watch it upstairs. We were at the stake center for 6 hours on Saturday and then on Sunday. We had a super nice member feed all of the missionaries in between conferences. it was so funny to be in there. For each session, you had a large group of 18 missionaries sitting up in the front and then all of the members behind us. it was a lot of fun to be with all of them. I was even able to receive a priesthood blessing from the elders. They are awesome. The new announcement is crazy cool. We are already thinking about how we might train 19 yr olds. weird. Sadly, I have already heard one elder say that maybe he will find his wife on his mission..... yuck.

I loved each of the sessions. I do not think that I have focused so well on them in a long time. its cool how every talk can touch you. Of course, we all loved the "Ask A Missionary" Talk. we hope a lot of good comes from that and we are excited to see what happens. It was fun to eat lunch with all of the missionaries afterword. if we ever had a question we would "Ask a Missionary" :) I also loved the talk about "trials of our faith." Elder Hollands was super cool. But to make it even cooler, i had watched an MTC address from him in which he included a lot of what he said at conference! And I had heard it like 3 days before! It is crazy to think and ask yourselves, Do you love Christ? After watching his MTC address, I was able to ask two of our investigators how much they were willing to do for God. I mean, you think about all of the trials that we have in life and you have to ask yourself what are you willing to do for God? especially, when you are faced with the choice to visibly put more trials ahead of you if that means doing God's will for you. I loved the talks about looking for the good in the little things of life. I have a "Count your many blessings" chart by my head at night. Many of the blessings do end up repeating themselves, but that is not because there is nothing to be thankful for, rather because I have seen and felt a strong need to be so thankful for the things that have been written on there. Oh man, I cant remember who said it, but one of the speakers basically gave the entire first lesson as his talk! That was soooo cool!
I truly do not have a fav. talk. you could name any one of them and I could tell you something great about each of them. I loved the talk on the Lamanites, but we were so upset that an investigator who needed it did not show up! Agh! That would have been perfect for him.;

I am very excited for the new general conference ensign to come out. we get a copy as an area, but I really wish I had my own. I did not know that they had a press conference about it? That is cool. What else new was announced?
 
OK SO WHO PRAYED THAT I WOULD GET OVER MY FEAR OF BEES???????
So last night, for dinner, we went over to the previous bishops home. He lives in a normal neighborhood, and he has 2 working beehives!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And of course, I got to go out and see the hives as all of the tired bees were flying from behind me to bring back pollen into the nest! What is up with that! I thought for sure I was going to get stung or die. One or the other!
 
Transfers happened today, and I am still staying in the same area for another 6 weeks. I may leave a few days before Thanksgiving.
 
I was going to take a video on the memory card that I put in the mail TODAY, and i did, but then i deleted it bc it looked really bad. i basically filled up the memory card. IT has ALOT Of pictures. And you are all welcome to look at any or all of them. Some of the last pictures are of the hot air balloons. There are literally Hundred's in all different shapes, colors, and sizes in the air. We had them over us, right by us, and all around. They are SOOOO cool.
Its hard to know that we are sooo close to the temple and can not go very often. i love the temple. Each and every temple.
 
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I hope y'all have fun reading this letter tonight at dinner time. And good luck feeding the missionaries tonight. Wish them luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment