Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October 23, 2012

This weeks letter actually came in two parts.  On Monday while they were writing their letters the fire alarm went off in the building and they had to evacuate it.  So, she quickly sent only part of it.  When they were allowed back in the building the internet wasn't working so they were allowed to finish their letters to their families on Tuesday!
 
Hello!

Its been great to get all of your letters! I love them!
 
I am sooo excited that you are in the Skyes ward! That is what y'all have wanted for years! Thats gotta be odd. I remember Brother Larsen when he was in the bishopbric. He'll be an awesome Bishop!  So, I like that the ward doesn't have a number or a neighborhood, but it cracks me up that they named it after a mall. I guess I should call the office and tell them the change.
 
So I wanted to tell you about an old man that we have been teaching for a few weeks now. He is soooo talkative and funny that it is hard to get a word in. We have taught him the first 2 lessons (it took a few lessons to teach him all of the principles) and he has been receptive to almost all of it. He even went to General conference and said that he felt more complete than he has been since his wife died. Well, this week, we went over to invite him to church and ended up being super bold with him. He gave us each 1 min. to speak boldly to him (that meant that he wouldn't interrupt :) And we did. We told him upfront that the words that we were teaching are true. That the book of Mormon is the Word of God, and that he has been feeling the spirit testifying to him of the words that we say. The spirit was so strong as we spoke and you could see his countenance changing. He even shared with us a spiritual experience that changed his life as a boy and told us that this was the first time he hasn't felt alone before. IT was amazing! I cant wait to go back and see him on Friday.
something I love is how heavenly Father always knows where we need to be and how to put us there, even if we do not know about it at the time. The other night, we were trying to figure out where we were suppose to be when we finally decided to get out of the car at 8pm and just walk down the street to a members that lived way down. So we did. And about half way down the street, I saw a kid getting into a red car parked into the street. So I yelled, "Hey, how are you" and of course he gave me a really odd look. Or id assume so because he had no idea who I was and it was a bit dark to see. Doesn't help that we were wearing skirts either though. He asked what we were doing so I yelled "WE are just walking about trying to find people to talk to" odd look.... and he said "Really?" and I said, "Yeah, we are missionaries" haha, but we ended up talking to 3 men my age about God and about his importance in our lives. Every word was sent from God. IT all just seemed to hit them. The wording was def. from God. We gave them a book of Mormon that one man started to flip through. he told me that it had fell open to a page and he knew that he should read the vrs. where his thumb had landed. It related EXACTLY to what they were doing, there concerns, and what they knew that they should not have been doing . It was an amazing experience to see the Book of Mormon take effect in such a powerful way. It was God's way of reaching out to some crazy kids and telling them that he still loves them and desires them to come unto him. I truly believe that if they took into there hearts what we had told them that night, then there lives may have been saved.
 
Last night at dinner, a mother whose boy is in Germany told us that new missionaries are not Greenies over there, but they are Golden. So that's what Ive decided to call myself as well. I am golden :) hahaha.
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I am so excited that you will get this note ON your birthday at least! That makes me super happy! and I hope that you got the card that i sent you last week. Will someone tell me how old mom is really? I cant remember and if i don't know ill just go around saying she is 45 or 46 or 47 or 58... you know, one of those choices.
 
I LOVE YOU MOM DAD TRENT AMBERLY AND EYN ALTHOUGH YOU ARE NOT THERE! I MISS YOU AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE YALL AGAIN! I LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! AND I MISS EACH OF YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment